Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Tree Smell/Scent - Where To Get Some?

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,441
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells The Nativity Part IV: He...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:47 PM
66,430 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part III:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:45 PM
79,082 Views  0 Posts
Questions from a First...
By MMc Editor
06-11-2002 05:00 PM
59,971 Views  0 Posts
Xtree1 Christmas Stress: A...
By MMC Editor
12-18-2012 08:45 PM
0 Posts
The Story of Black Peter
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:49 PM
Last post by Angioni
09-16-2012 09:19 AM
1 Posts

Old 09-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Clark Griswold has shown a merry disposition
star Tree Smell/Scent - Where To Get Some?

We used to be die hard LIVE tree people. Until the past two years. We purchased artificial trees. However, the only thing I really do miss, is the smell.

Where would one find tree smells in a bottle? Or any Christmas time smells? I mainly want that good tree smell. Open to suggestions or ideas.

I have been thinking of fragrance oils as an option since there are quite a few vendors around, however I have never tried them and don't want to get stuck buying junk. So, if anyone has tried some, please let me know!

Old 09-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Snowflake1 has shown a merry dispositionSnowflake1 has shown a merry disposition
last year I found a Yankee candles that was the closest I have come to the smell of a tree. I can't remember the name now, but it was a dark green candle in a jar. I will try to post the name of it, when I get my candles out for Christmas,,,,,,,,,which will be early for sure.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Snowflake1 View Post
last year I found a Yankee candles that was the closest I have come to the smell of a tree. I can't remember the name now, but it was a dark green candle in a jar. I will try to post the name of it, when I get my candles out for Christmas,,,,,,,,,which will be early for sure.

I think I found the candle you are talking about. It's called Balsam and Cedar. It has a picture of a tree with pine cones on the front. I have plans on purchasing some along with Christmas Cookie on ebay to check them out. Maybe some tarts and candles or whatever combo I can come up with.

Appreciate the info. I just don't want to use candles because we have cats that love to snoop. So I think it will be fine with a hot plate.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
you can get an essential oil to put on your tree or in potpouri called "Christmas Spirit" from Young Living Essential Oils.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Head Elf View Post
you can get an essential oil to put on your tree or in potpouri called "Christmas Spirit" from Young Living Essential Oils.
Does it smell like a Christmas tree? I just don't want to buy these products blind and not like it. 20 bux is a bit spendy for oil, but if it's what I want, then that price is null

There is not a "trial" size
Old 09-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
As far as I know it smells like a Christmas Tree. It has orange, cinnamon and spruce oils combined. Or they have just a pine scent or a spruce scent. I've heard good things about the Christmas Spirit.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:32 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
I know quite a few people who enjoy the scent of making their own potpourie with Christmas scents.

Myself, anytime I want to smell pine trees, I grab a roll of Scotch tape. It makes me think of Christmas every time. I'm happy to report that I haven't been banned from any stores that carry it yet, but I do get some strange looks when I'm caught smelling it in store aisles.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by AuntieMistletoeDear View Post
I know quite a few people who enjoy the scent of making their own potpourie with Christmas scents.

Myself, anytime I want to smell pine trees, I grab a roll of Scotch tape. It makes me think of Christmas every time. I'm happy to report that I haven't been banned from any stores that carry it yet, but I do get some strange looks when I'm caught smelling it in store aisles.

LOL! Sad part is, I know what you are talking about~!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Mistletoeologist

Christy Carol has shown a merry dispositionChristy Carol has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Snowflake1 View Post
The one I have that smells exactly like a Christmas tree is Yankee's Christmas Wreath. I used to burn it in my office and people thought my tree was real.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,470 Times in 911 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by AuntieMistletoeDear View Post

LOL! It's nice to know that I am not the only who does this.