Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » The Best Thing About Christmas

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,970
Threads: 53,427
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, chatterswalliam
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Martha Stewart's...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:37 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-18-2013 01:37 PM
66,191 Views  1 Posts
Xtree1 Saying No to Black Friday
By MMC Editor
10-19-2011 07:05 AM
Last post by sprinkleshouse
07-28-2013 02:25 PM
52,884 Views  5 Posts
Christmas in England
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:13 PM
43,424 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas Past Comes...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:17 PM
0 Posts
Mostly Homemade (and...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2011 03:31 PM
45,998 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

ChristmasFan08 is a good elfChristmasFan08 is a good elfChristmasFan08 is a good elfChristmasFan08 is a good elfChristmasFan08 is a good elfChristmasFan08 is a good elf
The Best Thing About Christmas

Name Some Of The Best Things About Christmas And Maybe Which Thing You Think Is The Best

Mine Is Just The Season Adn Everything So Much Excitement

What Is Yours
Old 09-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,466 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
That is hard for me cause I enjoy so much of it and it's all entwined with one other. The lights anddecorations. I love seeing the excitment in my kids eyes. Watching the christmas shows, listening to christmas music. Spending time with family and friends. The pure magic of it all.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
How fun!

Ummm...for me I'd have to say the music, the decorations, spending time with family and friends and the Christmas specials on tv.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,054 Times in 3,080 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Christmas Eve at my parents w/ my hubby, brothers & sisters, in laws, nieces & nephews is definately the best part about Christmas. We have so much fun. But also all the build up - coming here & finding other people with the Christmas spirit in June, July, Aug, Sept... anytime I need a little dose of Christmas. Lol!! It's great to know I'm not Christmas crazy all alone. I love all the lights, the SNOW, the Christmas music, Christmas movies/specials, baking, giving away homemade cookies & candy, caroling, burning Christmas scented candles (which I did all weekend by the way) sitting by the tree at night w/ all the lights off except the tree lights, Christmas house hopping with the neighbors, all the good food, & the general spirit in the air around Christmas time...the Christmas feeling!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

whitexmas is a new face around here!
tree

For me its the music, the baking, the decorating and the fact that everyone is a little bit merrier and jollier, just because its christmas. The holidays have always been a big deal to my family, and so we love to celebrate them. I love baking in the kitchen on a cold and snowy night. With the scent of cinnamon and nutmeg in the air. Turning off all the lights except for the christmas decorations, and watching a christmas movie while drinking a cup of peppermint tea or hot chocolate! It just puts a warm feeling inside.......i love everything about christmas!
Old 09-18-2007, 06:57 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Montana's Santa has shown a merry dispositionMontana's Santa has shown a merry dispositionMontana's Santa has shown a merry dispositionMontana's Santa has shown a merry disposition
star

It's sad to say, from my perspective in the chair, but Christmas is the only time each year some children receive any love and attention... and then it's merely superficial (i.e. gifts). There are children who obviously hunger for a hug who have to be literally pried from my chair when their time is up.That and talking with Children who are abused or neglected are the saddest time of the year for me... but paradoxically, the best time of the year for them because at least one person shows them unconditional love. But more important for me is the gift we all receive from Heavenly Father... let us all REMEMBER THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!

Last edited by Montana's Santa; 09-30-2007 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

kgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the tree
I would have to say the lights, the season, and the overall spirit of Christmas are my favorite things.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:14 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,084 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
i have so may favourite things, here is a quick list:

1. the cold, crisp wintery nights
2. the general mood, everybody seems just that little bit jollier
3. shopping for christmas presents
4. decorating the house
5. my annual christmas party for the kids in my family
Old 09-19-2007, 03:10 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
holly

The best thing about Christmas to me is that it comes every year. One of the best things about Christmas is the special feelings you get the closer the big day comes.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
For me it is the whole season.