Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > MMC Home for the Holidays > Newest Christmas Features > Christmas Flix » Christmas Flix Ten Things You Didnít Know About Itís a Wonderful Life

Christmas Flix Dedicated to Christmas movies new and old, Christmas Flix provides news, movie reviews, clips and features dedicated to movies of the small and big screens.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
What exactly is an elf?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:47 PM
56,241 Views  0 Posts
Stan Freberg's Green...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:54 PM
0 Posts
Nobody Believes Me
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:30 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
08-30-2013 05:10 AM
55,809 Views  4 Posts
December the 25th
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:23 PM
58,885 Views  0 Posts
The Bishop's Wife (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:05 PM
0 Posts

Old 06-04-2013, 09:10 AM
MMC Newshound

Thanked 1,486 Times in 1,023 Posts
ElfBot has disabled reputation
Gift 4 Ten Things You Didnít Know About Itís a Wonderful Life

It is perhaps the most cherished of all Christmas movies and arguably one of the best of all time. But there is a lot about It’s a Wonderful Life you didn’t know: 1. The movie debuted in 1946 to great fanfare and Oscar expectations. It flopped in theaters. 2. The film has two lines of [...]

Read more at ChristmasFlix.com...
snowflake22 (06-04-2013), XmasDreams (06-04-2013)
Old 06-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,608 Times in 1,283 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by ElfBot View Post
It is perhaps the most cherished of all Christmas movies and arguably one of the best of all time. But there is a lot about Itís a Wonderful Life you didnít know: 1. The movie debuted in 1946 to great fanfare and Oscar expectations. It flopped in theaters. 2. The film has two lines of [...]

Read more at ChristmasFlix.com...

Could someone Cut and piece the top 10 if it is not to large. Christmas Flix is actually blocked at my work and it will be about 7 hours till i get home and would like to see it before them
Old 06-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,203 Times in 3,094 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
F-U-N Facts! Thanks Elfbot

June 4, 2013, Posted in Classic Christmas Movies

It is perhaps the most cherished of all Christmas movies and arguably one of the best of all time. But there is a lot about It’s a Wonderful Life you didn’t know:

1. The movie debuted in 1946 to great fanfare and Oscar expectations. It flopped in theaters.

2. The film has two lines of “secret dialog” – spoken quietly through a door. (They can be heard when amplifying the volume, and are also explicitly depicted in the closed-captioning.) The lines occur at the end of the scene set in Bailey’s private office with Bailey and his son George, and Potter and his goon present. After George raves to Potter that “you can’t say that about my father”, he is ushered out of the room by his father, then George is shown standing outside the office door. At that moment, George overhears the following two lines of dialog through the glass pane of the door behind him: POTTER: What’s the answer? BAILEY: Potter, you just humiliated me in front of my son.

3. One requirement from production code for movies at the time was that no criminal could go unpunished. In the movie, Potter gets away with the $8000 and never gets caught or prosecuted. Capra said he received more letters about this than any other issue.

4. All the snow scenes were shot during the summer of 1946 during a record breaking heat wave.

5. The movie was based on a short story called “The Greatest Gift”, by Philip Van Doren Stern. He could not sell the story so he printed two hundred copies of it and included it in his Christmas cards he sent out in 1943.

6. Jimmy the Raven launched his prolific Hollywood career as an animal actor by playing Uncle Billy’s pet raven in It’s a Wonderful Life. If you listen closely as George hops the counter during the bank run scene you’ll hear him say “Look out, Jimmy”.

7. Potter’s office is full of the symbolism of failure. Take a close look the next time you watch the movie and you’ll see a bust of…Napoleon.

8. George and Mary cut a rug dancing the Charleston in the famous scene where the pool opens up underneath the dance floor. But we never learn if they won that contest. Or did we? If you look closely in the office scene during the bank run when George confronts Billy you will see a trophy in the case that looks just like the “genuine loving cup” held up by Harry when he announced the Charleston contest.

9. As George and Mary take off in the cab for their honeymoon Mary holds up a wad of cash declaring they’ve got $2000 to spend. Considering this scene is set in 1932 Mary would have to pull out $30,000 in current money if the scene were set today.

10. In the scene where George saves the Building and Loan with his own money the actress playing Mrs. Davis was secretly instructed by Frank Capra to ask for less money than Jimmy Stewart was expecting. Capra was hoping to capture a look of surprise on George’s face. It worked. She asked for $17.50 and George responded by given Mrs. Davis an impromptu kiss, which made the final cut on the film. Oh, by the way, the actress playing Mrs. Davis? She is Ellen Corby, who would later capture fame as Grandma Walton.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Santa Johnny Boy (06-13-2013), snowflake22 (06-04-2013), XmasDreams (06-04-2013)
Old 06-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,608 Times in 1,283 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Thanks Holiday for pasting that to see. Knew most of the those facts so must make me a SuperFan.....
snowflake22 (06-04-2013)
Old 06-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,182 Times in 364 Posts
frostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
that was very interesting. I love that movie.