Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » Christmas in July 2013 radio events!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,833
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 07-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
Duh! There is "On Now" button?! Boy! Is my forum face red!

KKBR has now been re-branded as "Pop Crush 97.1 FM" featuring "Today's Hit Music".

DAR.fm captured five hours of Santa-FM for my archives. There were local commercial breaks but no live On air personalities nor interaction with listeners.
Ahhh, you mean they've already switched over to their new format? When did they switch? At Midnight, the start of July 4th? Do you know?

So how long were they officially "All Christmas, All The Time"? Less than a week, I think...

EDIT: Well, that source link you originally provided has been updated, and it says this started on Jun 28th, and ended July 3rd...

Now here's the interesting part: I used that DAR recorder and recorded 3 hours in the morning on July 3rd. (That's my birthday, and it was kind of a birthday present for myself)! I just got around to listening to it. Apparently, I actually caught the ending of the Christmas music broadcast (when they switched over to their new format). So that's kind of neat...although instead of 3 hours of Christmas music, I got one hour, and then it switched over. Still, I'll treasure that one hour (it actually ran slightly over an hour!). Last Christmas song they aired was "Merry Christmas Baby" by Rod Stewart and Ceelo Green.

I'm going to miss that Santa 97.1 though...I listened a little on Monday and Tuesday, and they had a GREAT variety of Christmas music (it wasn't 24 different versions of "Last Christmas" and "Happy XMas, War is Over"...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-07-2013), RadioJonD (07-07-2013), Storeytime (07-07-2013)
Old 07-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
So there's no "terrestrial" radio stations playing Christmas music right now, is there?

I got spoiled with that Santa 97.1 in Billings, MT...we probably won't get other stations going "Christmasy" until closer to July 25th.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-07-2013), Storeytime (07-07-2013)
Old 07-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I saw that. I will be listening for that.

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
WCSF-88.7 - Jolliet, Illinois USA (with an online listen link)

Since 2010 folks have read my posts going on and on about WCSF in Jolliet, Illinois. WCSF’s annual Spirit of Christmas programming during the season is second to none of the all Christmas music terrestrial radio stations!

Yesterday, WCSF hinted on their FaceBook page of a CiJ broadcast with:

Happy Birthday, America!!

FYI: Plans for “Christmas in July” are still TBD. We’ll keep you updated!
Christmasstar (07-07-2013), RadioJonD (07-07-2013)
Old 07-07-2013, 11:34 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,236 Times in 2,287 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
So there's no "terrestrial" radio stations playing Christmas music right now, is there?

I got spoiled with that Santa 97.1 in Billings, MT...we probably won't get other stations going "Christmasy" until closer to July 25th.
Maybe, but searching them out is tough. Radio Insight makes things a little easier. (Right now I'm following a station in Birmingham, Alabama that was stunting with all Hawaiian music as "Hula 97.3" and now stunting as "Y'all 97.3".) I subscribe to their daily updates.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-07-2013), Yuletide Junkie (07-15-2013)
Old 07-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,238 Times in 13,279 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Yes, we usually have a yearly "Christmas/Holiday Radio Programming and Schedules" thread, (latest one from 2012 can be seen here.) but in the meantime, this thread is dedicated to tracking the rare "Christmas in July" radio events!

There may be radio stations switching over to Christmas music for a day, or a weekend, a whole week, etc...or if they're not switching over to full Christmas music for a day, maybe they'll play a Christmas song at the top of the hour. Or maybe you've heard some advertisements on the radio that have a "Christmas in July" theme to them? Whatever you hear, this is the thread to report it!

So does anyone know of any "Christmas in July" events that are being advertised amongst their local radio stations, or on their radio stations websites?!?

As you learn of stations making the switch to all "Christmas in July", post ‘em here. List the station call sign, frequency and city. Also be sure to include a station link, especially if they stream their audio online!
I will listen here and let you know what I find
Old 07-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Last Achievements

And it's July 15th!! Music Choice has started there "Christmas in July" music broadcast! Was anyone listening for the switch over to Christmas music last night? If so, what was the first song!
Old 07-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,010 Times in 360 Posts
Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
And it's July 15th!! Music Choice has started there "Christmas in July" music broadcast! Was anyone listening for the switch over to Christmas music last night? If so, what was the first song!
As of this morning, it was still "The Pulse".
Old 07-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Yuletide Junkie View Post
As of this morning, it was still "The Pulse".
Yeah, I'm sorry folks, I'm not at home, so I couldn't actually listen to the channel...

Man, talk about false advertising...maybe they're going to switch over tonight at midnight?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (07-15-2013), XmasDreams (07-15-2013)
Old 07-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,107 Times in 1,444 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Yeah, I'm sorry folks, I'm not at home, so I couldn't actually listen to the channel...

Man, talk about false advertising...maybe they're going to switch over tonight at midnight?

Its ok, we have all been checking the channel off an on today so will see if it is just running behind or if they just plum forgot.

Hester, Pat (2013-11-14). Christmas Mall Follies (p. 56). . Kindle Edition.
The Following User Says Thank You to XmasDreams For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (07-15-2013)
Old 07-16-2013, 09:41 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,236 Times in 2,287 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
WXPN - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA with an online listen link.

Noon Eastern Today! DAR.fm rolling!

http://xpn.org/

From the FaceBook page:

WXPN

Helen Leicht here and we have a heatwave going on so how about Christmas in July as a theme for today's Leicht Lunch at noon! any suggestions?

Play list (mostly via FB requests):

12 pm
Kurt Vile - Shame Chamber - Wakin' On a Pretty Daze Buy
The Rolling Stones - It's Only Rock'n Roll (But I Like It) - It's Only Rock 'N Roll Buy
Regina Spektor - You've Got Time - You've Got Time (Single) Buy
The Pogues - Fairytale Of New York - If I Should Fall From Grace With God Buy
Marah - Baby It's Cold Outside - A Christmas Kind Of Town Buy
Guster - Donde Esta Santa Claus? - Maybe This Christmas, Too Buy
The Fabulous Thunderbirds - Winter Wonderland - Constantine Christmas-disc 2 Buy
Jim Boggia - Christmas Wish - PL Home for the Holidays Vol 3 Buy
The Beach Boys - Little Saint Nick - The Beach Boys Christmas Album Buy
The Kinks - Father Christmas - Constantine Christmas-disc 1 Buy
Joni Mitchell - River - Blue Buy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373989194.657049.jpg (16.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by RadioJonD; 07-16-2013 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Added play list