Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » Christmas in July 2013 radio events!

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
A Miraculous Movie
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:02 PM
53,906 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part II:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:43 PM
58,793 Views  0 Posts
How does Santa get down...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:56 PM
63,112 Views  0 Posts
The Story of Stan...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:32 PM
55,660 Views  0 Posts
Presentblue Guide to Black Friday...
By MMC Editor
11-08-2012 11:50 AM
Last post by jimmydbrown
12-27-2012 04:59 AM
82,779 Views  4 Posts

Old 07-23-2013, 10:42 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Sirius/XM 82 - Greg Bell

A little late but Greg Bell mixed OTR Christmas shows into his schedule on Sirius/XM Channel 82 during the week of July 14 - 20, 2013.

From the webpage:

The most polarizing week of the year begins again. Yes indeed folks this is Christmas In July Week. Once again though in an attempt to appease the anti-C.I.J. folks there is a healthy mix of regular programming airing this week as well. Among the highlights – birthday tributes for Barbara Stanwyck (Lux Radio Theater’s “So Big!”); Harriet Nelson (Ozzie & Harriet, Red Skelton Show, Suspense); Natalie Wood (Family Theater): James Cagney (Screen Guild Players, Suspense); Ginger Rogers (Lux Radio Theater’s “Stage Door”); Sonny Tufts (Suspense); announcer William Woodson’s 96th (This is Your FBI) and the big one this week – Red Skelton’s Centennial!

As to the Christmas In July offerings, it includes some new to the channel episodes from The Great Gildersleeve, Candy Matson, Bergen & McCarthy and lots of episodes that have not aired on for years. Highlights include Ronald Colman in A Christmas Carol; The Yours Truly Johnny Dollar holiday storyline – The Nick Shurn Matter; two different versions of the murderous tale – Back For Christmas; Bing Crosby and Ella Fitzgerald singing Christmas carols and much more.

Greg.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
KWasser (07-23-2013), Storeytime (07-23-2013)
Old 07-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
Oops! How could I have forgotten?!!

Straight to player - http://wcsf.streamon.fm/

Or click on the green 88.7 Listen Live Logo at - http://www.stfrancis.edu/spirit/

And it's started! The first Christmas song they're playing is something with a Chorus line that goes like this: "Why-I-I can't there be Christmas in July?" It's very catchy, I wonder who sings it?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
Storeytime (07-23-2013), XmasDreams (07-23-2013)
Old 07-23-2013, 11:11 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
And it's started! The first Christmas song they're playing is something with a Chorus line that goes like this: "Why - I - I can't there be Christmas in July?" It's very
catchy, I wonder who sings it?
Yes! Too cool'. Hopefully they will tell!
Storeytime (07-23-2013), XmasDreams (07-23-2013)
Old 07-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
And now they're playing Josh Groban's "I'll be Home for Christmas". Ahhh, NOW it feels like Christmas.

EDIT: I like the bumpers advertising for the station inbetween the songs. Instead of someone saying "WCSF" in a hard rock style (which is what I was hearing just an hour ago), now it's a slow, melodically sang "WCSF!" (like what you would hear on the Delilah show or something like that). Very interesting to hear such a transformation in a music station!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
kizzy (07-28-2013), RadioJonD (07-23-2013), Storeytime (07-23-2013), XmasDreams (07-23-2013)
Old 07-23-2013, 12:20 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
And it's started! The first Christmas song they're playing is something with a Chorus line that goes like this: "Why-I-I can't there be Christmas in July?" It's very catchy, I wonder who sings it?
Well, that was a nice three mile walk on my lunch hour with WCSF! I’ve asked them on the Spirit of Christmas FaceBook page about the name of the artist that kicked off the sixty hours.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
sgrenoble (07-23-2013), Storeytime (07-23-2013), XmasDreams (07-23-2013)
Old 07-23-2013, 05:55 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Long story short; I didn't catch anything from WCSF before I got home to manually start recording.

FYI, the online stream player will time out at six hours unless you click that you are still listening when the alert message appears.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
DoubleA (07-24-2013), kizzy (07-28-2013), Storeytime (07-23-2013)
Old 07-24-2013, 02:07 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,164 Times in 409 Posts
DoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Oops! How could I have forgotten?!!

Straight to player - http://wcsf.streamon.fm/

Or click on the green 88.7 Listen Live Logo at - http://www.stfrancis.edu/spirit/

Thanks for the heads up, taking a listen now!
RadioJonD (12-04-2013)
Old 07-25-2013, 02:16 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

KQLA - Manhattan, Kansas USA

KQLA - Manhattan, Kansas is stunting with Christmas music prior to a format change.

Online listen link - http://live.srb.crystalmedianetworks...lay/radio/kqla

Or via TuneIn App - http://tunein.com/radio/Q-1035-s34832/

I’m recording at least five hours via DAR to save for an air check.

From the Radio Insight webpage:

Christmas Comes To Manhattan

July 25, 2013 at 3:14 pm By Lance Venta

Eagle Communications AC “Q103.5” KQLA Ogden, KS is stunting with Christmas music.

The Christmas in July stunt will lead to a format change as Eagle registered QCountry1035.com for the station last week. That would expand the “Q Country” brand used by Eagle Communications in Alliance, Chadron, and North Platte, NE and St. Joseph, MO into the Manhattan/Junction City market.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:58 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Good news and short notice! DAR now records WCSF! At least my account tells me there is a file there. Christmas music ends tonight at midnight (Central) if I understand correctly.

I can't say enough good things about DAR.fm! I followed their instructions about adding a station with a non standard listen link and they added it! I only wish I had added WCSF in time to have recorded more.

From my sporadic listening and recording at home, I believe that there is, perhaps, ten hours of music in one loop before the play list repeats. Some popular tunes may be in the playlist more than once. Anyone else able to decipher the rotation?
Nice!

WCSF wasn’t in DAR.fm as a record choice so I added the station this morning. Hopefully DAR.fm will recognize the lesser known stream service that WCSF uses. If DAR proves successful, I hope to capture all 60hours!

Just in case, I have Adobe Audition recorder timers set on my home computer to catch the first few hours of WCSF Christmas programming. Considering the stream doesn’t auto time out or the power doesn’t go out, there’s a back up.

http://www.dar.fm/submit_user_search...er_search=wcsf

Shhh!...Here's a little secret for DAR.fm. Type "Kringle" in the search box!
Old 07-28-2013, 08:05 AM
Last Achievements

KQLA - Manhattan, Kansas is stunting with Christmas music prior to a format change.

Online listen link - http://live.srb.crystalmedianetworks...lay/radio/kqla

Or via TuneIn App - http://tunein.com/radio/Q-1035-s34832/

I’m recording at least five hours via DAR to save for an air check.

I've been listening to this station this weekend, and a lot of their commercial go something like this: "Celebrating Christmas all year long - with Christmas in July!"

So "Christmas in July" is still in effect (for now)! I expect that format change to kick in though by July 31st...

So were there any other stations that went "Christmasy" back on July 25th?!?