Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Gaylord A Country Christmas

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
22 16x16 Great Debates: Christmas...
By MMC Editor
10-28-2011 08:41 AM
55,390 Views  0 Posts
What is Santa's favorite...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:50 PM
46,021 Views  0 Posts
How does Santa live for...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:59 PM
51,931 Views  0 Posts
stocking How to Have an...
By MMC Editor
10-31-2012 11:49 PM
31,888 Views  0 Posts
Nothing
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:18 PM
52,136 Views  0 Posts

Old 07-22-2013, 09:26 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,630 Times in 1,289 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Gaylord A Country Christmas

Little late with my yearly post of what is happening at Gaylord Christmas in Nashville.

Best news is this years ICE will be frost the snowman. My daughter will love it.

Gaylord Opryland reveals details of 30th annual A Country Christmas

Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center is about to get a lot frostier as preparations begin for the 30th annual A Country Christmas.
While the celebration isn’t scheduled to begin until Nov. 15, work is already under way.
Horticulturists have begun preparing the 2 million LED Christmas lights that will be strung outside the 2,882-room hotel, a process Gaylord Opryland General Manager Pete Weien said will take months to complete.
For us to get ready for A Country Christmas, we have to start in July to start hanging all of our lights,” Weien said during a press conference Wednesday. “It is a little ironic on one of the hottest days we’re talking about Christmas, but it takes that amount of time for us to get ready to make A Country Christmas and our 30th anniversary event the best ever.”
This year’s centerpiece is the return of ICE! featuring 2 million pounds of ice sculptures hand-carved by 40 artisans from Harbin, China. The exhibit will feature characters from the holiday classic “Frosty The Snowman.”
“Every year we try to outdo ourselves with ICE!, coming up with a great theme that ties to the tradition of the holidays and Christmas, and clearly ‘Frosty The Snowman’ is one of the most iconic programs that was always shown during the holiday season,” Weien said.
ICE! also will feature a new interactive bonus area that transports guests to the sights and sounds of Christmastime in New York City.
New this year

Also new to the celebration this year will be “A Not So Silent Night” concert series featuring artists Diana DeGarmo and Ace Young, Gwen Sebastian, Ty Herndon, Collin Raye, Jamie O’Neal and more performing acoustic renditions of their top hits, as well as songs of the season in an intimate setting.
And while the characters of DreamWorks’ “Shrek,” “Kung-Fu Panda” and “Madagascar” won’t take center stage in ICE! this year, they will return for The “Christmassy DreamWorks Experience.” The interactive adventure will include a character-themed feast, a DreamWorks scavenger hunt and sticky family fun with Gingy’s Gingerbread Decorating.
Another new event, “Canvas for a Cause: American Icons Give Back,” will feature an auction of original works of art created by musicians, film and television stars, sports celebrities and more with proceeds going to the artists’ favorite charities.
Returning favorites

“Lorrie Morgan’s Christmas Dinner & Show” — a down-home Christmas celebration with the country music star and “Grand Ole Opry” member — will return for its final year. And “The Radio City Christmas Spectacular” starring the Rockettes will be back at the Grand Ole Opry House, featuring the Rockettes’ legendary high-flying kicks, dazzling costumes, 3D performances and a finale called “Christmas Dreams.”
The Christmas Cruises aboard the General Jackson Showboat also will continue with holiday shows, chef-prepared meals and sweeping views of the Nashville skyline from the Cumberland River.
“Christmas will be here before we know it,” Weien said.
Bradmac (07-22-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (07-22-2013)