Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » Merry Christmas Baby: Romance and Reindeer from Capitol Records...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,008
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,841)
Welcome to our newest member, misswang123

Old 10-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

HollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry disposition
Merry Christmas Baby: Romance and Reindeer from Capitol Records...

This CD, CDP 7 97459 2, has an unlisted 26th track. It's Jingle Bells but not sure who the artist is. Sounds like a young Tex Benneke. Does anyone have the skinny on this track?
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. ---Theodor Seuss Geisel a.k.a. Dr. Seuss

Old 10-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,727 Times in 6,010 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Just looked it up---of course, neither Amazon nor iTunes has the answer. I recognize the cover art ... I have a cassette with the same cover art, so the CD may be a reissue with extra tracks. I'll have to check the cassette to see if there's a "Jingle Bells." If there is, I'll report back. In the meantime---if anyone can identify the track, RadioJonD could.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 10-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Last Achievements

HollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry disposition
Johnny Mercer does the same song earlier and it sounds like it could be him...but without the pied pipers this time. Just listened to both again.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. ---Theodor Seuss Geisel a.k.a. Dr. Seuss
The Following User Says Thank You to HollyJolly For This Useful Post:
YellowSnow (10-02-2013)
Old 10-01-2013, 02:57 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,253 Times in 2,297 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
That's one I don't have! Capitol is famous for CD releases/rereleases featuring hidden tracks. I think every CD in the Ultra Lounge Christmas Cocktails series has them.

Some of the hidden tracks are tunes or spoken word greetings intended for record dealers from Capitol Records. The unknown version of Jingle Bells could well be one of these. Since they weren't released commercially they probably wouldn't have received a catalog number or show up on a session track list.

I think Tex Beneke did record for Capitol after his break from The Benny Goodman Orchestra so that's a good guess, HollyJolly. Mercer's a good bet too!

Last edited by RadioJonD; 10-01-2013 at 03:00 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (10-02-2013)
Old 10-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Last Achievements

Confirmed...Johnny Mercer with the Capitol Studio Orchestra. It's also on Ultra Lounge:Christmas Cocktails...and on youtube as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HollyJolly For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (10-02-2013), XmasDreams (10-02-2013), YellowSnow (10-02-2013)
Old 10-02-2013, 07:09 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,253 Times in 2,297 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by HollyJolly View Post
Confirmed...Johnny Mercer with the Capitol Studio Orchestra. It's also on Ultra Lounge:Christmas Cocktails...and on youtube as well.

Cool! Then I have the tune too!
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (10-02-2013)
Old 10-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

YellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elf
Yep. Shazam says Johnny Mercer too. It is apparently on the Fred Claus soundtrack also.

You guys are fast.....

YS
Old 10-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Downtown Pittsburgh Santa
Last Achievements

Santa Johnny Boy has shown a merry dispositionSanta Johnny Boy has shown a merry disposition
Reminds me when the Rolling Stones hid, "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" on Their Satanic Majesties Request album.

You had to play the track at at a faster rpm to really hear it.
XmasDreams (10-02-2013)