Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » The Christmas itch has begun!!!!!

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Legend of The Boar
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:58 PM
53,581 Views  0 Posts
Home Alone (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:21 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
11-03-2013 06:28 PM
49,750 Views  2 Posts
santahat Santa Speaks 2011
By made582
10-09-2011 10:40 PM
Last post by monical
04-19-2013 03:25 AM
2 Posts
The Tradition of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 05:47 PM
62,560 Views  0 Posts
My Little Lie
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:07 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-23-2013 02:24 PM
8 Posts

Old 08-20-2013, 03:03 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,973 Times in 1,269 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
I have also started thinking more about christmas recently especially as I know school here reopens in a couple of weeks. When they go back halloween/christmas will be in the shops.

Once the cold weather begins I love the smell of wood fires burning ( I wish I had one)! I look forward to seeing all the decorations in the shops, finding new little treasures to add to my collection, gift hunting, mulled wine, festive treats at the bakery/coffee shops, walks in the crisp air and fallen leaves and the overall planning and preparing.

I look forward to celebrating Halloween and bonfire night. The day after halloween is like my official pre season start !

Finding MMC has added to my enjoyment of the festive season!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Courtney (08-20-2013), DoubleA (08-21-2013), Holiday (08-21-2013), Minta (08-20-2013), Ryan (08-22-2013), trackrebel (08-20-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 04:50 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 15,976 Times in 3,673 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Yup....the start of school is moving Christmas much closer!!!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (08-20-2013), Minta (08-20-2013), Ryan (08-22-2013), XmasDreams (08-20-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 06:53 AM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,786 Times in 1,618 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
It happens to me, too! There's so much Christmas stuff in July going on and then August hits and it starts to feel really real. From September onward, it's a blur! I have to take hte time to get ahead of things in August... finding recipes, buying gifts, etc!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to judesmama For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (08-20-2013), Holiday (08-21-2013), Minta (08-20-2013), Ryan (08-22-2013), trackrebel (08-20-2013), XmasDreams (08-20-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

sublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry disposition
Me too! I thought it was just me. But what I think triggers it is the pending arrival of the fall season. I start celebrating on September 1st my favorite time of the year: The 'Ber Months. September though December. To me it's all the holiday season! The weather changes, leaves start to fall, clouds get gray and lower in the sky, things start to die and it's harvest time. The days get shorter and darkness creeps in. And with that brings the cozy feelings of being nestled inside with my family. I start to decorate for the fall at the end of August and get rolling on Halloween in mid-September. After that we slide right into crisp cold weather and Thanksgiving. By now the leaves are just about gone and, if we're lucky we start getting some snow. A few days before Thanksgiving I put my tree up as it takes about 19 hours to do (a few days). By Thanksgiving night I am all ready, as Elton John says, to step into Christmas!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sublimesting For This Useful Post:
Courtney (08-20-2013), DoubleA (08-21-2013), Festive Spirit (08-20-2013), Holiday (08-21-2013), Minta (08-20-2013), Ryan (08-22-2013), ryansrs1 (08-31-2013), trackrebel (08-20-2013), VictoriaLT (08-20-2013), XmasDreams (08-20-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 08:57 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,071 Times in 657 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
I love Autumn and the "Brr" months as well. As soon as August hits and school begins, then bits of the spirit start kicking in. Cooler temps will be here soon, and the days are already getting shorter. - I can't wait for brisk temps, crunchy leaves, pumpkin flavored everything, hot chocolate, and baking tasty goodies. - I have already gotten a couple of small gifts too, I just couldn't help myself.

Bring on all the sites, sounds, smells, and emotions, of my favorite time of year!

Edited to add: I also start hanging around here more often! Haha!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Courtney For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (08-20-2013), Holiday (08-21-2013), Minta (08-20-2013), Ryan (08-22-2013), trackrebel (08-20-2013), XmasDreams (08-20-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 10:51 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,467 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Right now I have the Fall itch going on ... yearning for the slightly warm/chilly days and even chillier nights. Cant wait to decorate for fall, go picking for apples and pumpkins, bake all kinds of fall favorite goodies and ohhh that fresh apple cider and pumpkin flavored coffee. Yes Christmas is on my mind since I have already started writing out gift ideas, picked up a few christmas gifts and the kids are working on their wish list but .... thoughts Fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving have taken center stage

I think the fall itch is worse this year due since Hurrican Sandy messed up Halloween for us last year. We still had halloween but until several days later and we had to take down our outside fall/halloween decor before she hit and we didnt have time to put it all back up afterwards.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
Ryan (08-22-2013), trackrebel (08-20-2013), XmasDreams (08-20-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 12:25 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,198 Times in 324 Posts
VictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by Minta View Post
Right now I have the Fall itch going on ... yearning for the slightly warm/chilly days and even chillier nights. Cant wait to decorate for fall, go picking for apples and pumpkins, bake all kinds of fall favorite goodies and ohhh that fresh apple cider and pumpkin flavored coffee. Yes Christmas is on my mind since I have already started writing out gift ideas, picked up a few christmas gifts and the kids are working on their wish list but .... thoughts Fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving have taken center stage

I think the fall itch is worse this year due since Hurrican Sandy messed up Halloween for us last year. We still had halloween but until several days later and we had to take down our outside fall/halloween decor before she hit and we didnt have time to put it all back up afterwards.
Pumpkin flavoured coffee? Haven't tried it but oh, I would love to. It sounds so yummy! ^^ And I really wish you and your family this Halloween to be super excited and your Holidays peaceful. :]
I personally feel very Christmassy today. Besides that I've been listening to Christmas radio all day, some great ideas of Christmas gifts came into my mind. Love that feeling of suddenly having great ideas. <3
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VictoriaLT For This Useful Post:
Holiday (08-21-2013), Minta (08-20-2013), Ryan (08-22-2013), trackrebel (08-20-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
The Christmas Itch hits in August. A little here and there when I least expect it. That having been said, I am not ready for Summer's warmth to pack it in for the season, yet.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,606 Times in 1,282 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
My Christmas Itch starts Dec 28th since that is my B-day. Start planning the next years Christmas after a few days break from the last one.
Holiday (08-21-2013), Minta (08-20-2013), Ryan (08-22-2013), trackrebel (08-20-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 08:45 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 15,976 Times in 3,673 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Cool

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Ryan (08-22-2013)