Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » The Christmas itch has begun!!!!!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 08-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

reindeerelf has disabled reputation
santahat

Still enjoying what's left of the summer but have been starting to focus on the upcoming Season. Summer seems way too short here--we've had significant snow in May and September. It's unusual but one can't rule it out. Guess that's why I'm such a Christmas nut--It takes the edge off the cold weather.

All the signs are there that things will be changing soon. Lots of nighttime lows in the 50's, the berries on one of the holly bushes are turning red, here and there a few leaves are changing color and yesterday I saw a doe that was starting to get her darker winter coat.

Got a feeling that this is going to be one of the best Christmas Seasons yet. At least I'm going to try to make that way.
Bradmac (08-26-2013), DoubleA (08-27-2013), Festive Spirit (08-27-2013), Holiday (08-26-2013), Joyfully yours (08-26-2013), made582 (08-27-2013), Minta (08-31-2013), snowflake22 (08-27-2013), trackrebel (08-30-2013), Yuletide Junkie (08-27-2013)

Old 08-26-2013, 05:17 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,647 Times in 3,656 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by reindeerelf View Post
Still enjoying what's left of the summer but have been starting to focus on the upcoming Season. Summer seems way too short here--we've had significant snow in May and September. It's unusual but one can't rule it out. Guess that's why I'm such a Christmas nut--It takes the edge off the cold weather.

All the signs are there that things will be changing soon. Lots of nighttime lows in the 50's, the berries on one of the holly bushes are turning red, here and there a few leaves are changing color and yesterday I saw a doe that was starting to get her darker winter coat.

Got a feeling that this is going to be one of the best Christmas Seasons yet. At least I'm going to try to make that way.
Wow! That is a long "cold" season!! I am a Christmas nut partly b/c it makes the cold weather more bearable! But snow in May & Sept?? Brrrrrr!!! BUT nothing you can do about it if it happens, so might as well enjoy it, right??
Our maple tree is turning already, but I looked at my Holly bush this afternoon. All berries are bright green yet! But it's loaded with them!!! I'm excited to see them berries turning red. So pretty!
I hope you do have the best Christmas season ever!!!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (08-27-2013), Joyfully yours (08-27-2013), made582 (08-27-2013), Minta (08-31-2013), reindeerelf (08-27-2013), snowflake22 (08-27-2013), trackrebel (08-30-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Joyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry disposition
To Reindeerelf, I understand what you are saying and agree, being in Montreal, I also notice the leaves on the Maples turning here and there, and with children and University students starting to go back to school it's a sure sign of Fall just around the corner.
I was watching 'You've Got Mail' starring Tom Hanks, and Meg Ryan this evening, and there is a line which Tom Hanks writes to "Kattie" on his computer, he stated; "I love New York in the Fall, it makes me want to go out and buy school supplies", and that is a feeling I have had on many occasions, not only here in Montreal, but also while I lived in Toronto. I so enjoyed walking through the campuses in the coolness of Fall, taking in the fresh cool air of fall with that slight aroma of moist leaves on the ground.....I've always enjoyed that smell and the sights of the coloured leaves as far back as I remember.
I also love this movie (I have the movie in my own collection so I can watch it when ever I desire too)especially the scene when Kattie is decorating her tree for the holidays in her quaint little book shop 'The Shop Around the Corner'. She peers out at the street watching her customers pass by her shop while carrying bags of books they purchased at the 'Fox Books' store, and the snow is being blown around. She is sad and realizes her mother's shop is failing, she is sad, and decorates and reminisces how she misses her mother. It's such a sad scene, I always inevietably get teary eyed, but it is such a sweet scene, and you can really feel the festive season in this movie. It's quite the film and it is a keeper.
I stated all that because it just made me more aware of the wonderful season that is ahead and how we look forward too it with such a wonderous anticipation.
To one and all a good night, and may we all try and have a good day tomorrow.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Joyfully yours For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-28-2013), Festive Spirit (08-27-2013), Holiday (08-27-2013), made582 (08-27-2013), Minta (08-31-2013), reindeerelf (08-27-2013), snowflake22 (08-27-2013), trackrebel (08-30-2013), VictoriaLT (08-27-2013), Yuletide Junkie (08-27-2013)
Old 08-27-2013, 04:19 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,636 Times in 413 Posts
VictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnog
I am almost finished with gift ideas for Christmas. Still don't have any for my dad and baby cousins.

Btw, the template I used is not mine. I found it at http://www.mygrafico.com/files/MGFRE...istmaslist.pdf I just thought it would be nice to write down ideas of Christmas gifts onto Holiday-inspired template. :]
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to VictoriaLT For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-28-2013), Courtney (08-27-2013), Festive Spirit (08-27-2013), Holiday (08-27-2013), Joyfully yours (08-27-2013), made582 (08-27-2013), Minta (08-31-2013), reindeerelf (08-27-2013), snowflake22 (08-27-2013), XmasDreams (08-27-2013)
Old 08-27-2013, 05:14 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,637 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by VictoriaLT View Post
I am almost finished with gift ideas for Christmas. Still don't have any for my dad and baby cousins.

Btw, the template I used is not mine. I found it at http://www.mygrafico.com/files/MGFRE...istmaslist.pdf I just thought it would be nice to write down ideas of Christmas gifts onto Holiday-inspired template. :]
Thanks for sharing! I like the template alot. Well done you on starting your list!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Holiday (08-27-2013), made582 (08-27-2013), Minta (08-31-2013), snowflake22 (08-27-2013), VictoriaLT (08-27-2013)
Old 08-27-2013, 08:50 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,112 Times in 1,447 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion

Great list you have and noticed one small detail is missing..... you forgot me LOL

Hester, Pat (2013-11-14). Christmas Mall Follies (p. 56). . Kindle Edition.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to XmasDreams For This Useful Post:
Holiday (08-27-2013), made582 (08-27-2013), Minta (08-31-2013), snowflake22 (08-27-2013), trackrebel (08-30-2013), VictoriaLT (08-27-2013), Yuletide Junkie (08-27-2013)
Old 08-27-2013, 09:05 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,647 Times in 3,656 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
santahat

Originally Posted by Joyfully yours View Post
To Reindeerelf, I understand what you are saying and agree, being in Montreal, I also notice the leaves on the Maples turning here and there, and with children and University students starting to go back to school it's a sure sign of Fall just around the corner.
I was watching 'You've Got Mail' starring Tom Hanks, and Meg Ryan this evening, and there is a line which Tom Hanks writes to "Kattie" on his computer, he stated; "I love New York in the Fall, it makes me want to go out and buy school supplies", and that is a feeling I have had on many occasions, not only here in Montreal, but also while I lived in Toronto. I so enjoyed walking through the campuses in the coolness of Fall, taking in the fresh cool air of fall with that slight aroma of moist leaves on the ground.....I've always enjoyed that smell and the sights of the coloured leaves as far back as I remember.
I also love this movie (I have the movie in my own collection so I can watch it when ever I desire too)especially the scene when Kattie is decorating her tree for the holidays in her quaint little book shop 'The Shop Around the Corner'. She peers out at the street watching her customers pass by her shop while carrying bags of books they purchased at the 'Fox Books' store, and the snow is being blown around. She is sad and realizes her mother's shop is failing, she is sad, and decorates and reminisces how she misses her mother. It's such a sad scene, I always inevietably get teary eyed, but it is such a sweet scene, and you can really feel the festive season in this movie. It's quite the film and it is a keeper.
I stated all that because it just made me more aware of the wonderful season that is ahead and how we look forward too it with such a wonderous anticipation.
This makes me want to go watch this movie again!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
made582 (08-27-2013), Minta (08-31-2013), snowflake22 (08-27-2013), XmasDreams (08-27-2013)
Old 08-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,509 Times in 920 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
I feel like it should be later in the year then what it actually is. This month has been a lot cooler than normal with several nights dipping into the upper 50s and low 60s. DH and I have already started on working on the kids gift list and actually bought our son one of his Santa gifts last week. I am ready to get my fall garland and lights out, up and on our deck but still have a few more weeks to go for that.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-28-2013), Holiday (08-27-2013), made582 (08-27-2013), snowflake22 (08-27-2013), XmasDreams (08-27-2013)
Old 08-27-2013, 11:46 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,011 Times in 361 Posts
Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
Originally Posted by XmasDreams View Post
Great list you have and noticed one small detail is missing..... you forgot me LOL
That's the family gift list in the posted picture. MMC's gifts are on the next page. Who could forget you?!?
Old 08-27-2013, 01:13 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 99,698 Times in 17,389 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
light

Awesome start to the season, and I love the template too!!
Thanks for sharing, Victoria!!

Originally Posted by Joyfully yours View Post
I love that movie!! So inspiring, and love the Fall and Christmas scenes.

I also love Stepmom for those reasons & more!!