Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Can anyone tell me why?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 53,991
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,616)
Welcome to our newest member, K1081

Old 09-07-2013, 04:13 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,095 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Can anyone tell me why?

Hi guys,

Haven't been on in a while, had a terrible month. My 20 year old cousin passed away very suddenly in August. He was such a fantastic kid, he had a heart of gold, a great job and a bright future ahead of him. He done a lot of charity work and was so loving. I was very close to him, he was like my little brother.

21 months before he passed, we lost his Dad very suddenly. My cousin actually found his Dad dead. This is the 4th death in our family in 2 and a half years, 3 of them being a terrible shock.

Why does this keep happening to us? We are a good family. It has really shaken my faith, I don't know what to believe anymore. My family are destroyed, particularly his poor mother.

Is there anything anyone can say to make me understand why he would be taken? I feel so angry with God. I just hope so much that he is with his Dad. I worry about him due to him being so young.

Can you please, please keep us in your prayers, particularly his mother and grandmother?

It's been a few weeks now since we put him to rest, and I am getting back to some sort of normality and really looking forward to Christmas, although part of it will never be the same again. I have to remain positive though and live my own life to the full, as we don't know when it could be taken away from us.

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (09-09-2013), Christmasstar (09-07-2013), Joyfully yours (09-10-2013), ryansrs1 (09-11-2013), snowflake22 (09-07-2013), sugar142286 (09-08-2013), Yuletide Junkie (09-07-2013)

Old 09-07-2013, 05:30 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I am the wrong person to try to explain why. I would however like to offer my condolences.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:30 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,676 Times in 13,349 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
Hi guys,

Haven't been on in a while, had a terrible month. My 20 year old cousin passed away very suddenly in August. He was such a fantastic kid, he had a heart of gold, a great job and a bright future ahead of him. He done a lot of charity work and was so loving. I was very close to him, he was like my little brother.

21 months before he passed, we lost his Dad very suddenly. My cousin actually found his Dad dead. This is the 4th death in our family in 2 and a half years, 3 of them being a terrible shock.

Why does this keep happening to us? We are a good family. It has really shaken my faith, I don't know what to believe anymore. My family are destroyed, particularly his poor mother.

Is there anything anyone can say to make me understand why he would be taken? I feel so angry with God. I just hope so much that he is with his Dad. I worry about him due to him being so young.

Can you please, please keep us in your prayers, particularly his mother and grandmother?

It's been a few weeks now since we put him to rest, and I am getting back to some sort of normality and really looking forward to Christmas, although part of it will never be the same again. I have to remain positive though and live my own life to the full, as we don't know when it could be taken away from us.
((((HUGS)))) to you, I am crying with you.
Rest assured that God understands all you are feeling and holds you in His arms while you cry. He knows you are hurting and angry.
My prayers are with you all.
I have asked the same questions when my son died, when my husband left, when other awful things happened. I have not yet found answers, just peace that came with time.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:11 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 161,828 Times in 30,799 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I'm so sorry for your loss, Johnor. Praying for you and your family.

We never really know why things happen for sure. Try to remember that we are all put here on earth for a reason though and that it isn't our permanent home. It could just be that he had completed the tasks that he was here for and is being rewarded by getting to be with his dad in his permanent home. Also try to remember that you are never given more than you can handle. It may seem like it at times and it may require the help of others, but you can and will get through this. ((Hugs))

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (09-09-2013), Festive Spirit (09-09-2013), JOHNOR (09-11-2013), mike24forever (09-07-2013), snowflake22 (09-07-2013), sugar142286 (09-08-2013)
Old 09-07-2013, 11:12 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 104,059 Times in 18,702 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I am so sorry for your loss. You & your family are in my heart, thoughts, and prayers.

((Hugs))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,127 Times in 691 Posts
ClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnog
So so sorry for your loss hun, keep strong xxx
Old 09-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 75,437 Times in 15,095 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I am so sorry for your loss, you and your family are in my thoughts.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,042 Times in 375 Posts
Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
Sorry for your loss. Praying for healing and peace.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,662 Times in 5,995 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I'm so sorry for your losses, and sorry that you're all going through such a painful period. I know a little how that feels, as my family went through a period of years with multiple serious illnesses ... it seemed like it went on and on, and made no sense, but we all came through it stronger, if a little sadder. It's very difficult, but one day these sorrows will be behind you, and there will be blessings to help dull that pain.

One of my favorite books is "Mary Cary, Frequently Martha," a book written in 1910 that is a (fictitious) orphan girl's view of life. She says this about times God seems to let bad things happen: "I don't know how to explain it. Nobody does, though a lot try. But I know He sees it bigger than we do, and maybe He is working at something that isn't finished yet." As time passes, I tend to agree with this; I look back and remember some times when life treated me and my loved ones terribly, but those times were followed by equally great blessings and happiness. I'm praying it will be so for you.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (09-09-2013), JOHNOR (09-11-2013), Meceka (09-09-2013), snowflake22 (09-07-2013), sugar142286 (09-08-2013)
Old 09-08-2013, 06:07 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,978 Times in 9,611 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I am so sorry for your loss. I agree with what has been said already. It doesn't make sense why we must go through this. Losing a loved one does anger me too then I know I must move forward for the rest of my family's sake and realize no one is promised tomorrow. I try to focus on the good times I had with that particular person instead of how I lost them. It's difficult but I have no way to change the outcome on losing a loved one so I try very hard to stay positive. It still hurts regardless. God is always with us through everything and I pray you will find some comfort soon. Like you, Christmas has always been a lifesaver through tough times. I hope it will always work for me. I hope you are able to have a very merry Christmas this year even though you have had a tough year.

I am not sure that my words are any comfort at this time but sometimes it's very hard to say the right things when people are grieving. Just please know you are all in my prayers. (((Hugs))) to you!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (09-09-2013), Festive Spirit (09-09-2013), JOHNOR (09-11-2013), sugar142286 (09-08-2013)