Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food » A serious subject; COOKIES...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Food From eggnog to candy canes to ginger bread and beyond the flavors and treats of Christmas are a delight. Here we engage in all things connected to Christmas foods -- from recipes to how-to's. This section of the Merry Forums is presented by Merry Christmas Recipes, our own database of Christmas recipes, many of which get submitted by our users from around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,226
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 09-18-2013, 07:24 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,146 Times in 706 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
A serious subject; COOKIES...

What are your favorites? Chocolate chip? Peanut butter? Oatmeal? Sugar? Feel free to share any favorite recipes you may have as well.

ballcoach (10-23-2013), christmasjingles (09-20-2013), Christmasstar (10-23-2013), made582 (09-18-2013), Minta (09-23-2013), snowflake22 (09-18-2013), XmasDreams (09-18-2013), Yuletide Junkie (09-18-2013)

Old 09-18-2013, 07:33 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,177 Times in 6,086 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Must have sugar cookies!

I'm lousy at making rolled-out cookies, though, so I always make chocolate chip cookies.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-23-2013), Courtney (09-18-2013), made582 (09-18-2013), Minta (09-23-2013), snowflake22 (09-18-2013), XmasDreams (09-18-2013), xmastidings (09-20-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 07:39 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,145 Times in 15,258 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I was raised in a family of cookieholics, my grandmother would make at least a half a dozen varieties every Christmas and they always disappeared VERY quickly.

My absolute favorite is chocolate chip, but snickerdoodles, and peanut butter blossoms, are right there. My wife also makes Linzer Pinwheels which I never thought I would like, but I love them.

Through October-New Year's my wife usually makes a new cookie every weekend, so we can try new things to add to our celebration, and do a dry run for her cookie swap at school. (I wonder why my cholesterol is a little high)
Old 09-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,518 Times in 922 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Christmas Cookies - My favorite subject LOL

The standard ones I make every year the week of Christmas:
Chocolate Chip (double or triple batch)
Oatmeal Raisin (single batch)
Molasses Drops (single batch)
Cut out sugar cookies (half are decorated with color sugar, christmas sprinkles and / or cookie frosting, the rest are plain) (double batch)
Peanutbutter Blossoms (single batch)
Peanutbutter reese cup (single batch)

Now early in the month I will make:
Chocolate cookies with vanilla chips
Chocolate chips with regular chocolate chips and mint chips

Some years I may make more, depending if I get a request for a certain cookie or if I come across a new reciepe.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-23-2013), Courtney (09-18-2013), made582 (09-18-2013), XmasDreams (09-20-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,146 Times in 706 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
I loved sugar cookies (with colored sugar) as a kid, and made them (various recipes) at Christmastime with my Mom almost every year. I continue to try to make them each year with my child, even if they sometimes come from a premixed bag by Betty Crocker®.

Last Fall I made these, but without the drizzle... http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipe...es/detail.aspx

I think they are my new favorite. They were melt-in-your-mouth delicious.

I stink at making the Peanut Butter Blossoms, as my Kisses® always melt. But they are so darn tasty.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:40 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,067 Times in 384 Posts
Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
oatmeal raisin...was extremely partial to Mrs Field's version with the walnuts before the stores disappeared
Old 09-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,518 Times in 922 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
I loved sugar cookies (with colored sugar) as a kid, and made them (various recipes) at Christmastime with my Mom almost every year. I continue to try to make them each year with my child, even if they sometimes come from a premixed bag by Betty Crocker®.

Last Fall I made these, but without the drizzle... http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipe...es/detail.aspx

I think they are my new favorite. They were melt-in-your-mouth delicious.

I stink at making the Peanut Butter Blossoms, as my Kisses® always melt. But they are so darn tasty.
When I make peanut butter blossoms I wait a couple minutes after I take them out of the oven before I place the kiss on top of them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-23-2013), Courtney (09-20-2013), snowflake22 (10-23-2013)
Old 09-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

deffenm has shown a merry dispositiondeffenm has shown a merry disposition
These are the cookies I bake every year.

Peanut Butter with hershey kisses
sugar cookies
I think they are called Kris Kingles but my husband calls them "poop cookies". They are chocolate fudge like cookies, rolled in powder sugar and then baked.
no bake cookies
White chocolate and cherry cookies
monster cookies

I also make buckeyes, oreo and nutter butter truffles
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deffenm For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-23-2013), Courtney (09-20-2013), Minta (09-23-2013), snowflake22 (10-23-2013)
Old 09-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,177 Times in 6,086 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by deffenm View Post
These are the cookies I bake every year.

I think they are called Kris Kingles but my husband calls them "poop cookies". They are chocolate fudge like cookies, rolled in powder sugar and then baked.
Just for the record, I like YOUR name for them better!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-23-2013), Courtney (09-20-2013), Minta (09-23-2013)
Old 09-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 13,125 Times in 2,242 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
My favorite is Sugar Cookies, then chocolate chip, and oh, that kind that has the strawberry or raspberry jam in the center/ the top (I can eat a dozen or two of those at one time).... LOL...

But, come to think of it, if it is a cookie and it comes into this house, it's time is very limited before it is consumed by the cookie monster.... We don't know where he lives at here, but he always eats all of the cookies.....

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-23-2013), Courtney (09-20-2013), Minta (09-23-2013), snowflake22 (10-23-2013)