Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Christmas will forever be different...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 53,992
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,616)
Welcome to our newest member, K1081

Old 09-24-2013, 04:02 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,983 Times in 9,612 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I am so sorry for your loss. It is very hard to lose a loved one and continue with the Christmas season without them. I have had to do the same in the past.

Somehow Christmas has been the best therapy for me. I never forget my loved ones who have left us but remembering them during the festive time of year is helpful. I hope I can always feel this way but there is no guarantee Christmas will always work to help with my grieving. I can only hope it does!

Again, I am very sorry for your loss and please know we are here for you! Big hugs to you!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Holiday (09-25-2013), snowflake22 (09-24-2013)

Old 09-24-2013, 04:24 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

justme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elf
Originally Posted by loksi View Post
Rebecca, so sorry to hear of your loss. Dittos on what has been said before me and much better than I could say it anyhow. Take care. Blessings.

Thanks. If it wasnt for my faith I think it would have pushed me over the edge. But I know he is in a better place and I have my own personal guardian angel. My church has helped along with the womens group at church is keeping me sane. I couldnt do with out them and my family.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justme324 For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (09-28-2013), Holiday (09-25-2013), snowflake22 (09-24-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

HollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry disposition
I'm very sorry for your loss. I know what you're struggling with. An inordinate number of our family members passed on between Thanksgiving and New Years day. I have come around to the opinion that they would not wish for us to dwell on the sorrow and they would rather we have the happiest of holidays.

My grandfather was really into trains. I can't hear a train whistle without thinking of him. Last year (several years after his passing), we started slowly adding train ornaments. As they start to accumulate, we may end up with a train-themed Christmas tree at some point.

I wish you the best.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. ---Theodor Seuss Geisel a.k.a. Dr. Seuss
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HollyJolly For This Useful Post:
Holiday (09-25-2013), justme324 (09-25-2013), snowflake22 (09-25-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,753 Times in 3,863 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Xtree1

Originally Posted by HollyJolly View Post
I'm very sorry for your loss. I know what you're struggling with. An inordinate number of our family members passed on between Thanksgiving and New Years day. I have come around to the opinion that they would not for us to dwell on the sorrow and they would rather we have the happiest of holidays.

My grandfather was really into trains. I can't hear a train whistle without thinking of him. Last year (several years after his passing), we started slowly adding train ornaments. As they start to accumulate, we may end up with a train-themed Christmas tree at some point.

I wish you the best.
Love this idea of a train themed tree in honor of your Grandpa!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
HollyJolly (10-01-2013), justme324 (09-25-2013), snowflake22 (09-25-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Last Achievements

justme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elf
Thanks everyone. I appreciate your kind words.
Festive Spirit (09-28-2013), Holiday (09-30-2013), snowflake22 (09-25-2013)
Old 09-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,062 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
I truly understand. I walked that path in 2007. I called my Dad every day, he was my best friend. He loved to decorate for Christmas and he always made sure Christmas was a happy memory for my brother and I.
The first Christmas without Dad, our daughter invited us to travel to her house and spend Christmas Eve and morning with them. It helped a lot to be with our daughter and grandchildren. Yes, there will be tears but it's ok to mourn as long as you don't allow it to swallow you up and keep you from celebrating life with other loved ones. I know my Dad would not want me to be sad and I know he's in a better place now, no longer sick and he's with my Mom. God Bless!
Old 09-27-2013, 04:41 PM
Last Achievements

Its one of those things that comes upon you when you dont expect it. You will be having a great day then all of a sudden something makes you think of the person you lost and it can go two ways. A joyous memory that makes you smile and be happy just happy inside. Then comes those sad moments that tear at your heart and you dont know which way its going to go most times. I not only loved my dad I adored him. And I love Christmas and so I know this one will be hard but I also know we are a STRONG family and we will go on and I know it will be different but things in life change all the time. Its how you react to the tough times not the tough times themself. So my dad will be proud watching over his family. Yes we love and miss him but we are strong and we will carry on helping each other through the difficult times.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justme324 For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (09-28-2013), Holiday (09-30-2013), HollyJolly (10-01-2013), snowflake22 (11-22-2013), Virginia (11-17-2013)
Old 11-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
Rebecca, first let me say I am sorry for your loss. It's been months since I've been on here, so am just seeing this now. My husband and I lost a son last Aug, he was only 20, and yeah, it's been very hard. You seem to have a good support system with family, church, and faith, so that is good. That's helped us too. I went to a "Grief and Remembrance" seminar last year that my work held. Basically they said to be prepared for a whole range of emotions. You may want to do something totally different this year, or be ok with doing your regular holiday traditions. And what one person wants, may not be what another person wants, and that's OK. Just be supportive of each others feelings, maybe find a compromise. I know last year my husband just sort of went through the motions of the holidays, but I threw myself into it like never before. It was sort of my therapy. I just didn't make him do anything he couldn't, and he didn't stop me from doing anything I wanted. I still have both of my parents, but they are 84 and 88, so I know someday soon I won't. I remember my mother years ago saying that when she died, she hoped it wasn't too long before Christmas. I asked her why? She LOVES Christmas. She said she didn't want to have to wait too long to sing Christmas carols with a choir of angels. I'm not sure she even remembers saying that, but I do. And I know that first Christmas without her, I'll be smiling, knowing she's a choir practice, getting ready for the big day. I'm sure your dad will be having his best Christmas ever this year.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sgrover For This Useful Post:
justme324 (11-21-2013), snowflake22 (11-22-2013), Virginia (11-17-2013)
Old 11-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by sgrover View Post
Rebecca, first let me say I am sorry for your loss. It's been months since I've been on here, so am just seeing this now. My husband and I lost a son last Aug, he was only 20, and yeah, it's been very hard. You seem to have a good support system with family, church, and faith, so that is good. That's helped us too. I went to a "Grief and Remembrance" seminar last year that my work held. Basically they said to be prepared for a whole range of emotions. You may want to do something totally different this year, or be ok with doing your regular holiday traditions. And what one person wants, may not be what another person wants, and that's OK. Just be supportive of each others feelings, maybe find a compromise. I know last year my husband just sort of went through the motions of the holidays, but I threw myself into it like never before. It was sort of my therapy. I just didn't make him do anything he couldn't, and he didn't stop me from doing anything I wanted. I still have both of my parents, but they are 84 and 88, so I know someday soon I won't. I remember my mother years ago saying that when she died, she hoped it wasn't too long before Christmas. I asked her why? She LOVES Christmas. She said she didn't want to have to wait too long to sing Christmas carols with a choir of angels. I'm not sure she even remembers saying that, but I do. And I know that first Christmas without her, I'll be smiling, knowing she's a choir practice, getting ready for the big day. I'm sure your dad will be having his best Christmas ever this year.
Thank you so very much for your kind words. I like the thought of my dad up in heaven singing Christmas songs. He didnt have the best voice in the world but God love him I can hear him singing. Thanks!
HollyJolly (12-01-2013), sgrover (11-21-2013), snowflake22 (11-22-2013)