Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > MMC Home for the Holidays > Newest Christmas Features > Christmas Podcasts » New! Merry Podcast #30 -- Christmas and Freedom

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Podcasts Brought to you by Christmas Podcasts this forum hosts files and discussion of the Merry Podcasts of My Merry Christmas and other Christmas podcasts we share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 09-18-2013, 02:29 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,931 Times in 2,417 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Merry Podcast #30 -- Christmas and Freedom

Episode #30 of the Merry Podcast celebrates Christmas and Freedom by exploring what Christmas was like for those at war during World War I and World War II.

We tell the story of the Candy Bomber, hearing from Col. Gail Halvorsen himself, and celebrate what he was stunned to learn about freedom from German children. It is an awesome story of giving and Christmas spirit.

We also delve into the world of alternative Christmas music and let it rock in this episode with selections from August Burns Red, Robby the Elf and others.

Maureen talks to us about Christmas in the UK during the Nazi air raids on London and the great documentary produced of the time called Christmas Under Fire.

Walter Cronkite tells us the story of the Christmas Truce of 1914 in a way you've never heard before.

And we discuss the growing war on religion and what it means to the future of Christmas.

More than an hour of Christmas fun, right click here to download.

Last edited by Jeff Westover; 09-18-2013 at 02:32 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (09-18-2013), brent (09-18-2013), Cetacea (09-19-2013), made582 (09-18-2013), RadioJonD (09-18-2013), sdkluger (09-19-2013), Solice (09-22-2013), XmasDreams (09-18-2013)

Old 09-18-2013, 02:51 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,521 Times in 1,984 Posts
brent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa envious
Hooray! Time to listen. Thanks, Jeff!

"The bells, the bows and the flashing lights, the mistletoes and the 'Silent Nights. It's all for show, but that's all right. That's not why I love this time of year..."
The Following User Says Thank You to brent For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (09-18-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 03:02 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,111 Times in 1,446 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Can't wait to get off work to listen to this. Thanks for all the work you guys do behind the scenes

Hester, Pat (2013-11-14). Christmas Mall Follies (p. 56). . Kindle Edition.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,311 Times in 5,929 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Christmas history! Bring it on!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (09-18-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The pre-credit intro plays fast, like elves, but the rest is the correct speed.

XmasDreams (09-19-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 05:06 PM

Last Achievements

It's supposed to...it's a joke...

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (09-19-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
It's supposed to...it's a joke...

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
Forgive my density ... I'm working OT and I ain't as sharp as I could be!

XmasDreams (09-19-2013)
Old 09-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Merry Forums Newbie

Ganon136 has shown a merry disposition
Hey Merry Podcasters,

I just started listening to The Merry Podcast and I enjoy hearing the history and music that keeps us going throughout the year. I am part of a group that does a live web stream annually alongside NORAD as we track Santa. I host the show and we have gained over 3000 viewers annually. If you want to do a podcast with me or learn more information, go to http://trackingsanta.weebly.com/ and you can get a hold of me or a member of my team. Keep it up and entertaining us throughout the year. Also, I'm willing to give you guys free shoutouts in our show this December 24, 2013. If you have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks for your time,
Patric/Ganon136
Chairman of Team YANTSU 2013
Team YANTSU 2009-2013
Host of the Annual TrackingSanta Live Show
Old 09-22-2013, 12:00 AM

Last Achievements

Norad...that's military, right?

We get our Santa tracking from the North Pole. From Santa. From the sleigh. The Big Guy. The Head Honcho. The Big Cheese. Mr. Jolly, Mr. Jingle, Mr. Ho-ho-ho.

Norad is fine for, um, some....
Old 09-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

This podcast gave me some good stuff to follow up on afterward ... the complete "Christmas Under Fire" on YouTube ... and I've dropped a not-so-subtle hint to Mr. about wanting the DVD that includes Walter Cronkite's piece about the 1914 Christmas truce. Stellar!