Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » When do you start buying gifts for Christmas

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,932
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,862)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02

Old 11-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker
Last Achievements

Caroling has shown a merry dispositionCaroling has shown a merry dispositionCaroling has shown a merry disposition
Buying Christmas Gifts

We buy for the small children in the family and then Mr. Caroling And I buy a few things for each other. I'm having a terrible time finding things for Mr. Caroling. the grown children and grandchildren want cash so that takes the fun out of shopping. I finished my shopping this morning for the little ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to Caroling For This Useful Post:
xmastidings (11-08-2013)

Old 11-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,510 Times in 920 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
Whoa... you both are really on top of things, that's great! Not me, I always like to wait until after Black Friday and then I pick a couple of days (like near a weekend; Thursday/ Friday) and take off from work and do the majority of my Christmas shopping then.

I like it when all the stores, shopping centers and places are all decorated for Christmas and Christmas music is playing in the stores, the Christmas lights are lit every where's, and then I get out to do some serious purchasing... It really put's me in the Christmas mood while shopping....
i like to shop like that too but for the most part I'd rather be home enjoying the tree, christmas tv shows and cookies with the kids.
The Following User Says Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
xmastidings (11-08-2013)
Old 11-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
I pick up gifts for my husband all year long., but for everyone else, I start in October. I have a few gifts bought, but still have more to buy.
The Following User Says Thank You to novelist For This Useful Post:
xmastidings (11-08-2013)
Old 11-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,838 Times in 2,187 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Minta View Post
i like to shop like that too but for the most part I'd rather be home enjoying the tree, christmas tv shows and cookies with the kids.

I like your thinking....

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
Old 11-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by novelist View Post
I pick up gifts for my husband all year long., but for everyone else, I start in October. I have a few gifts bought, but still have more to buy.
I have to ask, but with buying gifts throughout the year, do you have any difficulity in hiding the gifts thru the house so as to keep things a surprise on Christmas morning?

Old 11-09-2013, 08:56 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
I have to ask, but with buying gifts throughout the year, do you have any difficulity in hiding the gifts thru the house so as to keep things a surprise on Christmas morning?
No, we have two spare bedrooms upstairs. I put gifts in a closet in one room, and when my husband buys me gifts, he uses the closet in the other room. We both like surprises, so we don't worry about the other one peeking!
The Following User Says Thank You to novelist For This Useful Post:
xmastidings (11-09-2013)
Old 11-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

No, we have two spare bedrooms upstairs. I put gifts in a closet in one room, and when my husband buys me gifts, he uses the closet in the other room. We both like surprises, so we don't worry about the other one peeking!

That's great! Nice to have that extra space to do that. You know what, with thinking about hiding Christmas gifts, It got me thinking about that scene in Christmas Vacation where Clark hides his gifts up in the attic, and he finds a gift that he forgot about he put there years ago....that's funny! Has that ever occurred with any of you?

Old 11-22-2013, 06:47 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

XmasFlora has shown a merry disposition
ornament shopping

September I start to search for shops online and I bought some gifts last month and some gifts this month. Not all online shops have delivery to Europe. I depend on online shopping mostly since I am homebound due to health reasons.
The Following User Says Thank You to XmasFlora For This Useful Post:
xmastidings (11-22-2013)
Old 11-22-2013, 08:00 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

almcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry disposition
I usually start mine towards the end of October. I've got all of my daughters presents and a gift for my FiL. It's just everyone else to buy for now
The Following User Says Thank You to almcg For This Useful Post:
xmastidings (11-22-2013)
Old 11-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

That's great! Nice to have that extra space to do that. You know what, with thinking about hiding Christmas gifts, It got me thinking about that scene in Christmas Vacation where Clark hides his gifts up in the attic, and he finds a gift that he forgot about he put there years ago....that's funny! Has that ever occurred with any of you?
Yes, my husband bought me perfume one year for Christmas, but forgot about it. He happened to find it on his closet shelf long after Christmas , and gave it to me "just because". After that, he makes a list of whatever he buys me, and checks the list as he's wrapping.