Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Sending out Christmas Cards

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,974
Threads: 53,446
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,046)
Welcome to our newest member, CarrollMl
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells Christmas Where Less is...
By MMC Editor
10-01-2013 06:24 AM
Last post by caninemomssister
11-12-2013 07:51 PM
9,612 Views  1 Posts
Little Girl's Christmas:...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 07:55 PM
53,908 Views  0 Posts
"A Great Tree" by Zona...
By MerryCarey
10-25-2011 07:49 AM
62,088 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Bells
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:12 PM
52,488 Views  0 Posts
Mostly Homemade (and...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2011 03:22 PM
60,881 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker
Last Achievements

roccoerz has shown a merry disposition
Sending out Christmas Cards

When do you guys start sending your Christmas cards out? I already start making mine for the exchange... Wont be sending them out til probably after thanksgiving or beginning of december..

*Remind me to buy stamps* lol
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to roccoerz For This Useful Post:
GingerMel (11-14-2013), HollyJolly (11-14-2013), made582 (11-14-2013), snowflake22 (11-14-2013), Virginia (11-14-2013)
Old 11-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,581 Times in 1,114 Posts
Virginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the tree
I'm going to sound like Scrooge but we don't do cards or wrapping paper (much) for any celebration. We were only making an effort to catch up with people once or twice a year and taking the easy road by sending a printed letter exactly the same to everyone in a card at Christmas. It was all feeling very impersonal and disconnected so we decided that we were going to try really, really hard to visit or communicate by phone or Skype. It's our little effort to improve friendships with a more personal approach and help the environment a little too. Please don't get me wrong I love cards but WE were using them as a way to not actually get together with people, avoiding contact, so we just changed our own ways and we are not trying to start a trend.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
I usually write my cards and mail them out the first week of December.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

HollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry disposition
We used to do it the day after Thanksgiving. Now we do it the first week of December in order to get a certain postmark cancellation.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. ---Theodor Seuss Geisel a.k.a. Dr. Seuss
Old 11-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,221 Times in 486 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I was thinking of trying to have them all ready to send out on Dec 1st.

I am not sure if I'll have time though. But at the latest, Dec 7 or so.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I think I will send them all next week.
They need more time from Germany to fly around the World..
Old 11-15-2013, 08:26 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
I will send mine out after Thanksgiving. Getting a family picture done to enclose. Please take time and send cards to friends and relatives of the older generations. They usually look forward to the cards and love reading them. Before emails and other modern communications, Christmas cards were a very special way of keeping in contact. Also, added to the festive holiday decor. So help brighten the day of someone who is lonely, a shut-in or just in need of a smile.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Neotericisis has shown a merry disposition
I like to have pics of my kids in the design of my cards, so I take family pics in front of my tree. I create cards on Walmart and add a few school pics in each envelope. My problem is getting them out at a decent time. I don't put my tree up until Thanksgiving weekend, and by that time I am so busy cards are one of the last things I do. In fact, last year I was so late that I just attached them to people's gifts with a candy cane! (Extended family members received theirs very late, probably after Christmas!) This year I am going to try to be more pro-active.

Either way, its really the thought that counts. My family appreciates these pic cards because it gives even extended family and friends a chance to see my 4 & 5 year olds grow. I always keep a card for my family album as well. I am bad about taking pictures on Christmas day so this kind of helps with that. (This year I vow to take pics- I want them to have a record of the Christmas memories!!)
The Following User Says Thank You to Neotericisis For This Useful Post:
Virginia (11-15-2013)
Old 12-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
I just got mine sent out today! I do up one of those Christmas letters about the family, usually just in a letter sized envelope. This year my mother gave me a bunch of old Christmas cards she's had sitting around for years, as they don't send cards out anymore. So I stuck my letter in lovely cards this year! Whew, check that off my list. Now, a few more things to buy, and lots of wrapping to do!