Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » The worst Christmas album ever?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,226
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 10-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

xlizxfraserx has shown a merry dispositionxlizxfraserx has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by joyfulheart View Post
My boys love the barking dogs stuff. It was cute the first few thousand times I heard it, now I just want to mow down the person who made that CD.

Luckilly, our copy got "lost" last year when we put away the Christmas stuff.

We have the cats one

Old 10-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Christmas Star
Last Achievements

ChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry disposition
stocking

I'm not a big fan of the Twelve Days of Christmas but don't dislike it. I think having to sing it every year in school ruined it for me. I would have to say i dislike most of the contempory stuff by the "pop" bands. I'm more into the old classics although there are a few newer songs that i do like just not as many.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
I love the classics and I'm not big on the "pop" stuff or most of the remakes. So, while I'm decorating I do the parody stuff by Bob Rivers and nearer to Christmas I put on the Classics. I think the worst album (CD) is the Redneck Christmas.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

EstherSmith has shown a merry disposition
I would by no means call this the WORST Christmas cd, but I was really disappointed with Johnny Mathis' latest Christmas cd. Johnny's voice still sounds great, but the production on the album was not very good. The orchestrations sound kind of cheesy and over-synthesized to me. I still listen to it occasionally, but it is inferior to all of Johnny's other Christmas cds.

Why does a smiley replace the word c-h-e-e-s-y in my post?

Last edited by dominick; 10-08-2007 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:21 AM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
That's just how it's set up. I fixed it for you by disabling the "smilies" in that particular post, though.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:25 AM

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Well, I don't know about Albums (although I've heard some pretty BAD Christmas music in my time) but I do know what gets my vote as the worst (and probably most overplayed) Christmas song of all time: Christmas Shoes.

For me Christmas is a time of joy, happiness, jingle bells and Holly Jolly Christmas stuff...and then the DJ plays that awful song and it all goes to..well, you know. Who writes a song like that at Christmas?? Who wants to listen to a Christmas song where the little kids mom is dying?? It's just way too sad and just makes me .

Oh, as a little side story. I had heard this song being played at work so everytime it would come on the radio station in the car, I would quickly change the station. Well, one day my DH was complaining that I always switched that song...he said he'd never heard it and he wanted to hear it. I tried to warn him about how sad it was but he said to leave it the next time it came on, so I did. It was Christmas Eve and we were driving to the in-laws, I started to change the station when the song came on but he asked me to leave it so he could hear it.

So, when the song was over, I looked over at him, his eyes were all puffy red from crying, tears streaming down his face.

I said "you're crying"

He said "OF COURSE I'M CRYING! What am I? Made of stone?"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunshine73 For This Useful Post:
GingerMel (11-19-2012), Yuletide Junkie (06-27-2013)
Old 10-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
The Idea of Christmas Shoes is very sad yes. I have sad it on here before Christmas Shoes is a horribly written song.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:30 PM

I listen to a lot of Christmas music, but I don't think that I know "Christmas Shoes." Who is the original artist? Is a country song? I don't listen to a lot of country music.

Funny story about the hubby!

I don't care for "Mary, Did You Know?" by Clay Aiken. Too sappy. Sorry, Clay!
Old 10-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

scooterbugs25 has shown a merry dispositionscooterbugs25 has shown a merry dispositionscooterbugs25 has shown a merry disposition
Yes it is a country song i would say its like most country songs.

Someone is drunk, the wife left, We are going broke, I need love and the children are still sad. The dog wont stop barking so i had to have another beer!

Most of the country songs are sad and depressing

Here is a movie of that song now:

http://www.cbs.com/specials/christmas_shoes/index.shtml

Last edited by scooterbugs25; 10-10-2007 at 03:53 PM.