Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,441
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Santa Speaks 2005
By MMC Editor
06-11-2005 11:02 PM
39,251 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Sorting Out the Truth of...
By MMC Editor
11-09-2011 01:26 PM
57,401 Views  0 Posts
The Scientific Theory of...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:36 PM
50,619 Views  0 Posts
There's Something About...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:38 PM
40,750 Views  0 Posts
Charles Dickens: A Merry...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2011 03:24 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
10-19-2013 09:51 PM
69,744 Views  1 Posts

Old 09-27-2007, 09:37 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 545 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Oldest Ornament you have?

Just curious what is the oldest Christmas ornament that adorns your tree? I dont have anything too old.. it would have to be our first daughter first C-mas ornament which will be 15 yrs this December Not antique of course... but still ...

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
The Following User Says Thank You to JanaBanana For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-05-2014)
Old 09-28-2007, 02:31 AM
Merry Forums Newbie

rasmus has shown a merry disposition
The oldest i have is two tiny turkish shoes my mum bought on holiday in turky when i was 4, im nearly 34 now.

Theyre not really christmas decorations but theyre shiney and covered in fake jewels so look really pretty.
The Following User Says Thank You to rasmus For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-05-2014)
Old 09-28-2007, 08:35 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I think my oldest ornament is probably only about 7 years old...that's when I moved out of my mom's house and got my own place. She still has the "old" family ornaments that she hangs on her own Christmas tree. Some of those came from my grandmother's house and a few are 100 years old. I expect that she will someday divide them up between all five of us kids.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshine73 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-05-2014)
Old 09-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Last Christmas I was living in an apartment and had all my Christmas decorations in the basement there. I had been very busy and got a late start on putting up Christmas decorations. I went down there to get my stuff and somebody stole just about all my Christmas stuff. Everything besides the tree and some random things. The even took all the personalized ornaments and stockings. I hope they had the same name. I had to buy all new ornaments and decorations. So I don't have anything really old.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
The oldest ornament I have is about 35 years old. It was one that was my mother's. It is a little Santa cup. I loved it when I was a little girl. My mother gave it to me when I moved into our house.
The Following User Says Thank You to sugarplum fairy For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-05-2014)
Old 09-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,470 Times in 911 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
I have 3 ornaments out of a set of 4 of the flintstones. The 4th one broke. My parents had gotten these for me when I little. They are around 28 - 30 years old. I also have some plastic ornaments of choir boys that my parents had bought before I was born.
The Following User Says Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-05-2014)
Old 09-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

little miss icequeen has shown a merry dispositionlittle miss icequeen has shown a merry disposition
My ornaments, that I put on my tree, are about 30-40 years old handpainted russian glass ornaments. I bought them some years ago and the woman in the store told me she found them in an old warehouse.
At my parents house I always have to put up a Santa candle that I got when I was about 4 or 5 years old (I´m 29) but I will never lit it.
The Following User Says Thank You to little miss icequeen For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-05-2014)
Old 09-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

reindeerelf has disabled reputation
ornament Oldest Ornament

The oldest ornament on our tree is a plastic Santa in sort of a metallic red finish that dates from the WW 2 era. It was from my grandparent's tree. The story I was told is that glass ornaments were hard to obtain during the war years in the States and an early form of plastic was substituted.
snowflake22 (03-05-2014)
Old 09-28-2007, 02:23 PM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,598 Times in 550 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
The oldest one we've got is a small wind up bear that my Dad had when he was a child...He's 77 now...The bear still works and puts on a limited show once a year on decoration day...
snowflake22 (03-05-2014)
Old 09-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,910 Times in 1,066 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
I have a santa clause ornament that has one eye :P Its cute.
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Undrtakr For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-05-2014)