Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » black and white

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,428
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Legend of The Boar
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:58 PM
53,580 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Ball 3 Michael Buble Returns...
By MMC Editor
10-08-2012 01:55 AM
42,729 Views  0 Posts
The 12 (Easy) Ways of...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:52 PM
45,083 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Christmas During the...
By Meceka
08-12-2011 05:57 PM
Last post by thumbie123
03-03-2013 09:21 AM
4 Posts
It Ain't About A Bird
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:25 PM
46,318 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

snowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elf
I don't really care for the black & white theme. When I think Christmas I also think glitter... red, green, gold, silver. =]
Old 10-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

MerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry dispositionMerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry dispositionMerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry dispositionMerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry disposition
Black and white isn't very christmas-y if you ask me, It makes you stick to a theme (Something I just can't do!) because if you have one black raindeer, then it just sortof sticks out.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
Honestly, I don't think I would like a black and white Christmas. However, I can see where it might look very elegant. I would love to see some pics if anyone decides to do it.

Diana
Old 10-14-2007, 05:18 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

haagarr has shown a merry dispositionhaagarr has shown a merry disposition
I think Walmart has been trying to come out with some creative ideas. Besides black and white this year, didn't they come out with upside down Christmas trees last year.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,057 Times in 3,080 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by ChristmasSpirit76 View Post
I was in Wal-mart today in (Maine) and they are starting to put up christmas stuff. I saw that one of the new themes for this year is Black and White. They had black decorations, Black reindeer, Black stockings, white stockings and many ornaments in a black and white theme. I for one don't find it very christmasy. Hmm is it just me or does anyone like this type of theme. I am always one who loves colors, bright shiny objects, and many different styles country, victorian, traditional, and a few untraditional things to but not black and white
I agree! Bring on all the lights & colors of Christmas!!! But Head Elf, you paint a very pretty picture, describing your black & white tree...I would love to see a picture!!!

Old 10-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I would like to see how it looks before I'd try it.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

~*joyeux_noel*~ has shown a merry disposition
hmm I don't know if I like black and white for christmas, I mostly agree with people who like all the colors and lights! I also like vintage, old style stuff!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
I DO NOT like black and white for Christmas! I guess that I am just a traditionalist.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by ChristmasSpirit76 View Post
Hey Head Elf,
You will have to take some pics to show us. I'm sure having the red pointsetties to add color will be nice and with a white fireplace that should look really classy.

Of Course I will post some pictures of the tree. Even if it doesn't look like a professional decorated it. I hope it turns out.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
But then again everyone buys purple (not a traditional color for Christmas) or how about all the Martha Stewart colors in KMart. Bronzes, coppers and such. They aren't Christmas colors either. But how you accesorize them with old traditional ornaments and think outside the box then it might open minds to decorate differently. No one thought about rope lights and icicle lights until they saw it for the first time and decided that would be cool to try. I guess I'm open for different ideas to make it strange, wonderful and make my guests go hmmmm!