Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » Question.....

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 53,975
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, TAlbritto

Old 10-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,095 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Question.....

why is it that quite alot of christmas films have something to do with reporters and journalism? i have watched 4 festive films this week on the movie channel and in all of them someone was a reporter/journalist looking for a "scoop" has anyone else ever noticed this?

the films i watched were:

his and her christmas
christmas in boston
secret santa
crazy for christmas

Old 10-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

whitexmas is a new face around here!
santahat

What is the movie channel? Those are good movies, I want to watch them! haha
Old 10-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
You know, you're right. But I don't have a clue why!!

Diana
Old 10-17-2007, 11:30 AM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
maybe it has something to do with reporters looking for the truth?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

MikeClaus has shown a merry disposition
Well, I cant say Ive seen any of those movies actually,but I think I know why.
I think its probably cause the reporters are maybe snooping around for the truth as dvdguy said, but also mayb einvestigating if Santa is real and stuff like that.
as I said though, I havent seen those so Im not too sure.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
i know, but is there not another way to go around it rather than everyone being a journalist? not that i'm complaining, they were all good films (especially crazy for christmas!) but it's not very original is it? oh well!
Old 10-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

Ladybugkisses has shown a merry dispositionLadybugkisses has shown a merry dispositionLadybugkisses has shown a merry disposition
There's another recurring theme too.

The one where there's a widower and some lonely woman who have this chance meeting and fall in love over the holidays. There's usually some kid involved too, usually the son of the widower and maybe the widower and the lonely lady meet because of this kid; either it's the kids teacher or the "in town reporter" who happens to bump into the kid down town while she's getting the scoop on this man who claims to be the real Santa. By the end of the movie they're usually standing around the Christmas tree sipping coco and it's snowing outside. I've seen so many of these I can almost picture it even now as I'm typing. No matter tho, I still watch them year after year; usually while I'm wrapping presents.

Toya
Old 10-18-2007, 05:55 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

you're not wrong there!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
You know I have never really thought about it before, but you guys are right. Strange.