Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » Would you celebrate Christmas every day?

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,440
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Candygold Affordable Homemade...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:33 PM
51,501 Views  0 Posts
Wreaths: Eternity's...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:28 PM
50,453 Views  0 Posts
“A Christmas Spectacle”...
By MerryCarey
05-11-2012 02:46 PM
35,965 Views  0 Posts
Nobody Believes Me
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:30 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
08-30-2013 05:10 AM
55,829 Views  4 Posts
santahat The Mistletoe Bough...
By MMC Editor
10-17-2013 06:19 AM
Last post by Virginia
10-30-2013 03:04 AM
2 Posts

Old 10-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Euan Buchan has shown a merry dispositionEuan Buchan has shown a merry disposition
Would you celebrate Christmas every day?

There's this guy in England who celebrates Christmas every single day of the year keeps his decorations up, tree and wears a Santa suit he opens presents every day and wraps them up again and has a Turkey. Would you ever do it? I wouldn't mind but it feel abit strange in the hot Summer though
Old 10-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I wouldn't everyday...as with everything it would get old. To me once a year is good. It makes you more excited about everything that is yet to come. So I feel you enjoy it more.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Santa Clausologist

caseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elf
bell

NO! I love Christmas, however doing it everyday would take away the love. Im here because wee keep the spirit alive 365, and thats the point. Around October I, like others start getting excited about Christmas, October we build up 2 Christmas. November some of us talk about how weve already decorated, plans, TGiving, & More. December we discuss what were doing all month. I believe this site provides all us w/a good Christmas balance. Even though were in & out all yaer. There are times during the year Jan-Sept. where I have Christmas spirit spurts where I'm in everyday for a week or two, but other than that maybe on-two times every other week. Then when October gets here Im full swing as on the 7th we hit the 90% mark. Well those are my thoughts on the subject. Agree or disagree, other thoughts?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I wouldn't either. Like many others have said it would lose something if I did. I think thats why I come here so often it gives me a little fix of Christmas without diluting it.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:44 PM

Seasun has shown a merry disposition
Although I reminisce about Christmas, and I'm always planning for my next Christmas, I would not want to celebrate it everyday.

There are time during the year when I may want to listen to some Christmas music, and I play it low so my neighbor won't think I'm cookoo. But to actually celebrate Christmas and go through all the rituals 24/7 365 days would diminish the special Christmas magic, and it would certainly take away from the transforming effect Christmas has on people.

Christmas is like a cacoon that embraces us with warmth, love, cheer and good feelings. For a few weeks in the year, we get a respite from the stresses, and problems of everyday living
Old 10-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

snowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elf
I've heard about that guy!

But I'd have to agree with Seasun.
Plus, it would get quite expensive. :P

Last edited by snowangel_x3; 10-15-2007 at 04:16 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
Nope! I would like to put up my tree a little earlier than I do and take it down a little later (Hubby would have a fit), but I would not want to celebrate it all year. The anticipation and planning is part of the excitement of it all.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Euan Buchan has shown a merry dispositionEuan Buchan has shown a merry disposition
I supose if I want to be in a place I can go to the Christmas Shop
Old 10-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Christmas Star
Last Achievements

ChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry disposition
I wouldn't only because it wouldn't feel so special when it really came around. I love keepin a part of it through the year as i listen to xmas music now and then or watching a christmas show or movie, looking at old xmas cards etc.

Did anyone ever see that movie that plays on tbs??? about the boy who wishes for xmas every day and how in the end he doesn't want it. It shows him every morning waking up to the same xmas song and i think its snowing outside. Its kinda funny

Old 10-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Santa Clausologist

caseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elf
bell

Originally Posted by Seasun View Post
Although I reminisce about Christmas, and I'm always planning for my next Christmas, I would not want to celebrate it everyday.

There are time during the year when I may want to listen to some Christmas music, and I play it low so my neighbor won't think I'm cookoo. But to actually celebrate Christmas and go through all the rituals 24/7 365 days would diminish the special Christmas magic, and it would certainly take away from the transforming effect Christmas has on people.

Christmas is like a cacoon that embraces us with warmth, love, cheer and good feelings. For a few weeks in the year, we get a respite from the stresses, and problems of everyday living
Well said, the cacoon analogy fits perfectly.