Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » Would you celebrate Christmas every day?

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells Christmas and Tragedy:...
By MMC Editor
12-15-2012 11:40 AM
Last post by Christmasstar
02-15-2013 08:32 PM
2 Posts
If Only She Hadn't Winked
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:18 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-01-2013 05:36 PM
57,186 Views  1 Posts
Voices of Elves in the...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:22 PM
0 Posts
When It is Not Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:26 PM
44,268 Views  0 Posts
Feast of Fools
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:33 PM
54,037 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

SnowMaiden1018 has disabled reputation
bell

Hmm, WHile I can honestly say I wouldnt go to the extremes that guy does, I will say that I celebrate Christmas everyday, whether it be with some christmas carols, or some hot cocoa, maybe a marshmallow snowman, or perhaps a wee bit of tinsel hung over the door--But I think everyone should do it!
What better way to remember the feelings, the generosity, the merriment and the closeness we experience at that time of year?!!
Old 10-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

MerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry dispositionMerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry dispositionMerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry dispositionMerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry disposition
Everyday would just be toooooo much. If you're like me, then you have a ginormous feast on christmas, which takes days to prepare, and if you had it everyday, then you couldn't do that, and i'd probobly gain 5,000,000 lbs... lol
Old 10-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
No. As much as I love Christmas, I especially love the build up to the day...I would miss out on that if I were celebrating every day.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:54 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,197 Times in 12,632 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star no way

once a month is plenty! LOL

really, though, I would leave it as it is. Christmas is special, a time of year I look forward to with great joy and anticipation. Having it more often would make it as humdrum as working on assembly line doing the same thing every day till you no longer even have to think to do it. And think of the credit card bills, Yike!!

Old 11-19-2007, 07:23 PM
mammaduke

santahat

I Would Like To Celebrate Everyday In My Heart As It Is Christmas, By Giving To Others In There Time Of Need. We All Can Have Christmas Everyday Without The Decorations & Lights By Being Good To Others , Giving To Those Who Do Not Have What We All Have Daily. Look For The Kindness In Everyone Even Though They May Seem Mean Or Angree.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
I LOVE Christmas, but I wouldn't want to celebrate it every day. It wouldn't be any fun if thats how it was.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:18 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Miss Darcy has shown a merry dispositionMiss Darcy has shown a merry disposition
As much as I love Christmas I don't think I would want to celebrate it eveyday. Once a month or every other month would be quite cool though.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:39 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,056 Times in 3,685 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I wouldn´t want it to be everyday....it wouldn´t be special anymore....of course that was different when I was a child...but since Ím bout 10....I like it how it is....

one thing about this guy celebrating Christmas everyday...I mean...alright, if that´s his way, fine with me, but to me...it sounds he tries to force the Christmas spirit on himself....which is impossible to me...of course I have that little Christmas mood over the last few days....but that´s nothing compared to walking through street in the cold, watching the decorated windows, smell the candles, hot wine (glühwein....very popular in Germany), see the trees, hear the songs and see the movies....only 5-6weeks a year...and that´s cool with me
Old 08-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
This is a great thread!!! Well -- I think we should invite that guy to join us here! Just think -- if his love of Christmas could be freed up to other expressions, he would probably be full of wonderful ideas! And it might be a relief for him to celebrate with us, rather than having to have that same turkey dinner every day.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,010 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Sunshine73 View Post
No. As much as I love Christmas, I especially love the build up to the day...I would miss out on that if I were celebrating every day.

I totally agree Sunshine