I made my very 1st "Gift In A Jar" mix tonight for a friend for her birthday (I sure hope it's good!) Here's the recipe:
Mocha Brownie Cookie Mix
1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. instant coffee powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Layer ingredients in 1-quart food storage jar with tight-fitting lid in following order: combine flour, coffee powder, baking powder, baking soda, & salt; brown sugar; granulated sugar; cocoa; and chocolate chips.
2. Seal jar. Cover lid with fabric circle, if desired. Attach gift tag & fabric to jar with raffia or ribbon.
Mocha Brownie Cookies
1 jar Mocha Brownie Cookie Mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Place contents of jar in large bowl; mix well
2. Beat butter & sour cream in another large bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs until blended. (Mixture may appear curdled) Add dry ingredients to butter mixture; stir until well blended.
3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until almost set in center. Cool cookies on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove cookies to wire racks. Cool completely.