Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Controversy & Opinion » Clay Aiken Caught Up in Christmas Concert Controversy

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Controversy & Opinion Visit Defend Christmas.com Presented by Defend Christmas, this forum covers the difficult topics of the season -- from the famed and fabled War on Christmas to church and state debates to using the star or the angel on the Christmas tree. Modern Christmas celebration has it's complications -- schools are divided, some Christmas light displays are too much, some even argue that it is better to call it a "holiday" tree. Some merchants won't even say "Merry Christmas"! Where there is controversy, there is insanity. Even in Christmas.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,858
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,291)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 10-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
If I was him I would not perform. I would just say F@#k it you don't deserve for me to come and perform. The only problem is that would only strengthen the Gay rumors(if that is even possible). I don't listen to Pop music so I have no opinion on the subject of his talent. I however could care less if he is gay or not.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:57 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,932 Times in 2,418 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
I would bow out too, just for professional reasons. I don't follow him at all but is that what he is reduced to...playing churches? Didn't this guy have a network Christmas special just a couple of years ago?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:50 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
these people are lucky they got a celebrity to do their concert
Old 10-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Christmas Star
Last Achievements

ChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry disposition
I'm not a fan of Clay either but please give me a break about him being gay. We don't say so and so can't sing because he is straight. Sexuality needs to stay home where it belongs and stop judging people by that. BTW its christians like that, that give us all a bad name.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:28 PM

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
What could your lawsuit possibly say?
Old 10-21-2007, 01:41 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

BooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elf
Clay Fan

Am I the only one that is a fan of Clay? I have been a fan since he was robbed on American Idol. I'm not a huge follower of pop music either. I prefer alt. rock, or metal, to pop, although I have a wide range of music interest except I'm not big on country (I know, I live in Nashville!) or blues. Clay just sparked an interest in me because of his flawless voice and his pluck. He showed other "geeky-looking" people what can be accomplished with hard work and a little talent. I don't care if he's gay either, but I do think that is why he did not win that year. Case in point, a few years ago we were having a conversation about American Idol and the subject of Clay came up. My brother-in-law (by marriage) said that it was good that Clay didn't win because he was a fag. He basically said that was why Clay didn't win, because people didn't want to vote for a gay person. Of course, I couldn't believe he was so prejudiced. But I got to thinking that he was probably right. As open-minded as many of us like to think our country is, the truth of the matter is that the majority are just not accepting of gays. The bottom line is that Clay doesn't have to come out (if indeed he is gay). It is his own private business. His sexuality does not have anything to do with him being a wonderful singer and a good person. I agree with the earlier post. I don't believe that I would be performing that concert if I were him. I would have to tell them to go to that place they are working so hard not to go to, if you know what I mean! I really don't think that intolerance is a good ticket to heaven.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:29 AM

Last Achievements

Did anybody tell these folks they were lucky to have a celebrity performing for them?
Old 10-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

act_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elf
I am not a Clay fan either. But I am on his side. Being gay or not, it doesnt affect your ability to sing.