Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food > Recipes » Pumpkin Rolls (MY FAVORITE!)

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,085
Threads: 53,910
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, williamjohn

Old 10-29-2007, 02:14 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

chanelsmile112298 has shown a merry disposition
holly Pumpkin Rolls (MY FAVORITE!)

This is the recipes my mother,grandmother and so on used. Its excellent I hope everyone enjoys as much as I do!
3 eggs
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder

1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour jelly roll pan. I use a 15x18 inch pan lined with waxed paper and then greased and floured.
  2. Beat eggs with electric mixer for 2 1/2 minutes. Add sugar slowly while still beating. Beat for 3 1/2 minutes more. Fold in pumpkin and lemon juice.
  3. Mix together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt and baking powder. Fold into batter. Spread batter onto prepared pan. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
  4. Remove cake from pan and place on tea towel (cotton, not terry cloth). Roll up the cake by rolling towel inside cake and place seam side down to cool.
  5. Prepare the frosting by blending together the sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla.
  6. When completely cooled, unroll cake and spread with cream cheese filling and roll up again without towel. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and slice into 12-15 servings