Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » WARNING! Did you buy this for your child?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,856
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,291)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 11-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
Originally Posted by miller4plusmore View Post
Oh my goodness, Officepro! I almost bought these for my son's birthday on Saturday, but I decided not to because even though my sons are 6 and almost 5, they are really bad about putting things in their mouth. I shudder to think what could have happened! Thank you for posting this here.
I know what you mean! My daughter's birthday is this Sunday and this was on her Birthday/Christmas list!! I was actually going to buy them. YIKES!

I say that we no longer as a country purchase toys from China until they can prove to us they are safe!!

Off my soap box now,
Diana

Old 11-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
You would think that with the way technology is today, this wouldn't happen. How could the scientists not know about the materials they were putting into something for a CHILD.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I'd never even heard of these toys but I think that it's just crazy that you can't even buy toys anymore without worrying that they're going to kill your children. For Pete's sake, doesn't anyone ever test anything anymore?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:33 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
I think theyre too worried about getting them made cheaply & quickly
Old 11-09-2007, 02:34 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
They've been recalled in the UK as well now: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7085777.stm
Old 11-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
This is very disturbing and I am starting to think that the public is not being informed and also not protected. Sure they let the public know a little bit but seems to me this is a huge threat to our children and what better way to get to the United States but through our children. Makes me very uncomfortable and not wanting to purchase any toys for my grandchildren for Christmas.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by dvdguy View Post
I think theyre too worried about getting them made cheaply & quickly
I agree