Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Christmas Controversy & Opinion Visit Defend Christmas.com Presented by Defend Christmas, this forum covers the difficult topics of the season -- from the famed and fabled War on Christmas to church and state debates to using the star or the angel on the Christmas tree. Modern Christmas celebration has it's complications -- schools are divided, some Christmas light displays are too much, some even argue that it is better to call it a "holiday" tree. Some merchants won't even say "Merry Christmas"! Where there is controversy, there is insanity. Even in Christmas.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,441
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas in Colonial...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:30 PM
0 Posts
santahat A Black Friday...
By MMC Editor
11-26-2011 10:14 AM
81,780 Views  0 Posts
Stan Freberg's Green...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:54 PM
0 Posts
Bells The Legends of Nature at...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:54 PM
80,837 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree The Birds' Christmas...
By MMC Editor
10-11-2013 06:59 AM
Last post by Virginia
10-30-2013 03:12 AM
22,882 Views  1 Posts

Old 11-13-2007, 08:20 AM
MMC Newshound

Thanked 1,489 Times in 1,025 Posts
ElfBot has disabled reputation
Ho, Ho, Ho Bad for Kiddies

There are concerns that a New Zealand company may try and ban santas at certain shopping malls from saying “ho ho ho”.Recruitment company Westaff has instructed its santas at Australian malls to tone it down or say “ha ha ha” instead.It believes “ho ho ho” might scare children.Santas are now being urged to go [...]

More from Defend Christmas...
Old 11-13-2007, 09:00 AM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 545 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
How would Ho Ho Ho scare a child? Lame

Đ♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 11-24-2007, 06:50 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

libbybelle has shown a merry disposition
santahat Ho ho no??

Hi there, I'm Elizabeth.
I would disagree - Santa's whole creation is based on cheering up little children and it's tradition for him to say 'Ho, Ho, Ho" Although I'm 21 and I don't have kids yet, I don't understand their reaction if I was a parent. I guess it depends on the child if they like Santa or not. I guess it could be scary for some children.

But for Santa to say those words, "Ho, Ho, Ho" gives him character and something that we can identify with him and how he says that.

I just hope we don't ruin the lovely character of Santa, and hope that future generations of children can enjoy the joy and happiness which he brings to them.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:56 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
the world has gone crazy if you ask me...
Old 11-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I too think this is totally lame. Ho Ho Ho is not going to frighten a child. What's next Boo (at Halloween) come on people...geesh!
Old 12-04-2007, 04:55 PM
On the Naughty List

gameshowguy2000 has shown a merry dispositiongameshowguy2000 has shown a merry disposition
I saw this one the news. Santa going "Ha-ha-ha"? I don't think so, that doesn't sound right.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Maebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
What is a Santa that doesn't say, "Ho! Ho! Ho!"
Old 12-05-2007, 06:01 AM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by Maebeary View Post
What is a Santa that doesn't say, "Ho! Ho! Ho!"
Exactly!! Its mad!
Old 12-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
The whole thing is just stupid!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Euan Buchan has shown a merry dispositionEuan Buchan has shown a merry disposition
First there was a rumour about cancelling Christmas now this what's next? People who say these things are just Grinch