Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Do You Feel Down Or Stressed?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,930
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,812)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02

Old 12-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

morelia92 has shown a merry disposition
Annette: Beautiful poem..

Novelist: My prayers go out to you right now and those arms you feel are me huggin' you long distance.

I have been a lil' grumpy coz I want to do more and buy for others. I like to give. This year I have been a lil' overwhelmed and haven't had time to make any gifts or bake.

I know I will take time in the next week or so to do that!

The only thing I hate about Christmas is the commersalism (did I really mis spell that? LOL)

My love goes out to each of you at this blessed and magical time of the year!

Old 05-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I just read through this thread. It reminded me that we know there will be many stresses for us all at Christmas time. And there may be some really big, sad things that happen. But all of us here do love Christmas, and want it to be peaceful and beautiful for our family and friends. Any thing that we can encourage each other to do in advance, will help us all to save the magic of Christmas.

We can do our best to handle our finances throughout the year. (What a challenge that is this year!) We can try to save - or to buy gifts ahead - or do whatever works for us to make the financial part better. We can help each other try to keep things from overwhelming us. Not bite off ore than we can chew. Especially this year, keep our goals modest. And have fun with our friends on these boards, so our spirits will be high.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

christmascreations has shown a merry dispositionchristmascreations has shown a merry disposition
I am overwhelmed always but I am a single mom of 3 boys in baseball season and work 3 jobs so I guess that would explain it....lol
Old 05-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
I am very stressed right now. I am planning (and paying for) a wedding, getting things ready for graduation and college, son's T-ball team mom, middle daughter's having surgery in June, working, dealing with family illness, and your typical Mommy worries. This wedding has really put me over the top. We are trying to do as much as we can ourselves without hiring someone. I don't sleep well because I have so much going through my head. My daughter isn't half as stressed as I am. She just keeps saying "Everything will work out like it's suppose to." When I find a caterer I will feel much better. Thanks for letting me vent a little.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:27 PM
mammaduke

I hope being able to talk about things helps you get through itI hope you find the caterer that you need .
You have s full plate & it's ok to vent here, we are all friends here to help each other through whatever is bothering us.
Originally Posted by sugarplum fairy View Post
I am very stressed right now. I am planning (and paying for) a wedding, getting things ready for graduation and college, son's T-ball team mom, middle daughter's having surgery in June, working, dealing with family illness, and your typical Mommy worries. This wedding has really put me over the top. We are trying to do as much as we can ourselves without hiring someone. I don't sleep well because I have so much going through my head. My daughter isn't half as stressed as I am. She just keeps saying "Everything will work out like it's suppose to." When I find a caterer I will feel much better. Thanks for letting me vent a little.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

yuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry disposition
star Been fight that for a long time

I do need to vent - but, never seem to - Life has been tough lately and I am fighting to keep my head up. Dad died one year ago. Mom is 80 and needs alot of help. three boys are basically good - but, one hit puberty - need i say more? I just need some joy and less sadness. I am trying so hard - My minivan was stolen too. We went and bought another one - then they found the stolen one - still in good condition - just dirty. So I spent too much and didn't need to. Oh well, such is life!
Yule
Old 06-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
I am the poster child for why stress is not good for you. I'm about to turn 24 in a couple of weeks and I already have a small streak of white hair, an ulcer and suffer from panic attacks. I really let stress get to me...and NOW....well. Wow. Where do I begin? I'm planning a wedding and although my family is taking care of most of the expenses, my fiance and I will be paying for the invitations, the minister, the photographer, the programs and the dj. That may not sound like a lot, but we've also put money down on a new home that is being built as I type this. I work at a job that is deadline driven, but of course, they pile on more work than the normal human being can handle and it's just all down hill from there!

But I keep reminding myself to let go and let God. I remember that what I'm going through is nothing compared to what other people have gone through or are going through. I count my blessings and realize that it could be much worse! I'm thankful I have a wedding to stress over. I'm thankful that my fiance and I are this young and have a house to stress over. I'm thankful that I'm even alive to feel stressed. I just have to praise God for giving me everything that I'm stressed about in the first place!

I reduce my stress through prayer, looking at pictures of friends, music and the Merry Forums!
Old 06-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

yuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry disposition
You really...

seem to have the right idea! Keep up the good work!
Yule
The Following User Says Thank You to yuletide For This Useful Post:
ReineV (06-11-2008)
Old 06-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

usafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by ReineV View Post
I am the poster child for why stress is not good for you. I'm about to turn 24 in a couple of weeks and I already have a small streak of white hair, an ulcer and suffer from panic attacks. I really let stress get to me...and NOW....well. Wow. Where do I begin? I'm planning a wedding and although my family is taking care of most of the expenses, my fiance and I will be paying for the invitations, the minister, the photographer, the programs and the dj. That may not sound like a lot, but we've also put money down on a new home that is being built as I type this. I work at a job that is deadline driven, but of course, they pile on more work than the normal human being can handle and it's just all down hill from there!

But I keep reminding myself to let go and let God. I remember that what I'm going through is nothing compared to what other people have gone through or are going through. I count my blessings and realize that it could be much worse! I'm thankful I have a wedding to stress over. I'm thankful that my fiance and I are this young and have a house to stress over. I'm thankful that I'm even alive to feel stressed. I just have to praise God for giving me everything that I'm stressed about in the first place!

I reduce my stress through prayer, looking at pictures of friends, music and the Merry Forums!
I certainly can understand your stress, but I admire your willingness to recognize your faith in how God will provide. As long as you maintain that faith, you'll be fine. Sometimes it may be difficult to not stress over everything, but always remember that God has a plan and knows the desires of your heart. No matter the task, no matter how big the obsticle, God's will shall be done. The road may seem glim and the travel may be a bumpy one at times, but always remember that He'll never leave nor forsake you or your fiance.

May you both be blessed this time as you prepare for your wedding, your house, and living together to serve a tremendous God.
ReineV (06-11-2008)
Old 06-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
thanks yuletide and usafvet!