Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Does Anything Interesting Happen In Your Area For Christmas ?

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,471
Top Poster: xmas365 (151,038)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Celebrating Christmas in...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:03 PM
46,840 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Crackers
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:18 PM
49,507 Views  0 Posts
There's Something About...
By MMC Editor
06-22-2010 10:42 PM
49,788 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in the...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:16 PM
41,644 Views  0 Posts
Puritan Humbugs and a...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:21 PM
58,158 Views  0 Posts

Old 07-08-2011, 11:17 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,147 Times in 3,699 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
true....over here it is not just boys doing that

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 07-08-2011, 06:05 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,592 Times in 14,067 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
In my town they usually have a town wide craft fair the weekend after Thanksgiving, and then on Sunday there is a small parade where you can have cookies and hot chocolate with Santa at the fire station, and then he picks out one child to light the town Christmas tree. I don't know what is in store for this year, if it will be a bigger event due to the tornado damage this town absorbed, but they did do all they could to save the town Christmas tree after it was uprooted, it looks good right now.

They also use to do a Santa train through town where you would ride the train to the next town and back Santa would come aboard and sing Carols and hand out candy to the kids. I believe it was stopped due to insurance reasons 4-5 years ago unfortunately.

Go Bruins!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xmas365 For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (07-22-2011), snowflake22 (04-01-2014)
Old 07-17-2011, 05:13 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 83,587 Times in 14,100 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Snowflake

Las Vegas has an event called "Gift Of Lights" that begins in November, right around Thanksgiving. There's over 8 million Christmas lights & displays, each sponsored by a local business, and all proceeds go to Goodwill. They have hot chocolate, kettle corn, and even a radio station playing Christmas music especially for that event. It's really beautiful! My husband & I go every year. It's one of our traditions.
We also have a celebration at Ethel M Chocolates- they decorate their botanical cactus gardens with festive lights & you get to sample their chocolates. So I get two of my favorites at once- X-Mas & chocolates!
Old 07-19-2011, 10:44 AM
kerstig

We have some saint Nicholas parades and bands that march in front of our house during the end of november and the start of november.
We have had some great carollers dressed up in old english costumes, that was lovely. There's always musicians and marching bands playing christmas songs in december, and the shops stay open late.
But that is our current area, when we move to the small village we are moving too, we'll have to find out what Christmas will be like than, but since it's entirely new, we get to make our own new christmas traditions
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (07-22-2011)
Old 07-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Lacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elf
Here in San Antonio we have a the lighting of the riverwalk and my son's personal favorite, going to Seaworld & Six Flags to enjoy all of their holiday festivities.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lacim84 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,288 Times in 787 Posts
brittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companion
Our town has a christmas sail pass. People decorate their boats with Lights, Figurines..etc and usually in the first week, they'll have one night where they sail up and down the harbour. It was one of my favourite things to watch as a child at Christmas time!

Now a couple things we used to have, but have since stopped were

Choirs from the elementary schools would go to our mall and sing christmas songs in the centre court

and

There was a house out towards the country that would decorate their house from top to bottom with wooden figurines, lights, music.. all the good stuff, and sometimes they'd have santa come out and take pics with all the kids that would come by... I can't remember why.. but im fairly certain it was for their grandchild.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brittd19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

dancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elf
In our town we have a light switch on then the following morning a Christmas parade where local companies, pubs, dance/drama groups and many others dress up in a different theme and drive through the town on the back of lorries throwing sweets and goodies to children, at the end of the parade is a Santa sleigh which then visits different parts of the town each week in the run up to Christmas.
In the next town they have a massive light switch on with a couple of celebs, people dressed up as children's tv characters and a fair. They also have a large Christmas tree and a santa's grotto in the middle of the town.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dancer_90 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

Rennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elf
Bells

In our area we have a truck light show about the second week in Dec. The town throws a big hot dog and chili feed (free) then we decorate and light up the big Christmas tree. There are games for everyone esp the kiddies and different things to do then come evening the trucks start their parade in the neighboring town and comes to our town and loops but our house to make their way to the park for the judging. We have a big gathering at our house and I make a big roaster full of Chicken and homemade egg noodles and the guests bring other things and we have a party here. We build a big fire out in the back yard to keep warm and watch the trucks as they come by. A week later the fire department has a big day for the kids, they take the kids on fire truck rides, serve cookies, hot dogs and hot chocolate. Santa is there to give out gifts, oranges, apples, and of course candy canes. On Christmas day the town has a big turkey dinner for all that want to come, this is also free to the public, we don't go to it as I think they would faint if they saw my croud of 30+ walk through the door.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 41,497 Times in 6,508 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We have a tree lighting, concerts and an awesome craft fair that I always look forward to.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HomemakinGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,914 Times in 9,105 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
We also have a celebration at Ethel M Chocolates- they decorate their botanical cactus gardens with festive lights & you get to sample their chocolates. So I get two of my favorites at once- X-Mas & chocolates!
I have been to Vegas many times and also visited Ethel M. Chocolates. I saw the cactus garden, only in the summer. I recorded a special on tv showing it decorated for Christmas. It was really pretty!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (04-01-2014)