Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,132
Threads: 54,248
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, elf princess

Old 11-25-2007, 04:33 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,158 Times in 715 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
My Daughter...

For the last couple of years my local council have gone all out and organised a 'Winter Wonderland' theme in the city which is bascically an ice rink and amusements, rides for the kids and food stalls, etc all out in the open.
I took my daughter there today to see Santa Claus. I have been disappointed in the past by Santa's Grottos but this one was really good. Santa was in a wooden cabin, surrounded by a beautiful christmas tree, a small fire (and lo and behold the Santa wasn't a spotty teenager) but it set a lovely theme for the kids. It was real Christmassy. After queing for half hour my daughter was asked to knock the door and one of the helpers (not an elf) let her in and Santa said 'Hello', she almost ran a mile!!! I ended up having my picture taken with Santa whilst trying to restrain my daughter from running out the door!! I will try and post the pic if I can figure it out.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Sounds like a wonderful time. Yes please post pics. I would love to see.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,065 Times in 613 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
LOL, God bless her, she was scared. It's understandable. I remember when I was a kid I would lie awake in bed terrified that Santa would come into my home while Dad and
Mom were sleeping and I would be the only one awake. I would hide under the covers.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
I was expecting her to pull his beard off or something!! Then I would've been embarassed, lol
Old 11-26-2007, 11:23 AM
mammaduke

santahat

I remember when my girls were little, my youngest would scream everytime she saw Santa. Every picture I have with them & Santa she is crying.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

My daughter doesn't look too happy in the pic either!! I asked my dad if he would dress up as santa this year for the kids in the family, but I really dont think it would be a wise idea now, lol!!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
I love ths Santa stories w/ small children. My best friend's daughter calls him Santa Closet! LOL
Old 11-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

xmascrackers has shown a merry disposition
A friend of mine has 3 kids her youngest 3 years who saw Santa for the first time this year. She is a bright wee girl and my friend after having the screaming problems with her first two decided to do better with this one - held off until she was 3 and could understand, showed her plenty of pictures of her siblings with Santa from the previous two years and then took her along. As they were queuing she made a small comment that he didnt look the same - friend admits now she should have pulled out then because when her little girl got her go with Santa she got up close, took a good look and then started screaming Stranger, Stranger, Stranger Danger - which set off all the kids in the queue and caused a major scene. The Santa was so taken aback by about 15 kids all screaming that he walked out. Anyone up for a job?