Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » How early will you have to awake on Christmas morning?

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Top Ten Ways to Avoid...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:04 PM
43,760 Views  0 Posts
When should presents be...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:51 PM
50,322 Views  0 Posts
Bells All About Stuffing
By MMC Editor
11-19-2011 10:49 PM
41,963 Views  0 Posts
"The Purloined...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:34 AM
55,328 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2010
By MMC Editor
06-11-2010 11:17 PM
58,204 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-01-2007, 09:11 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
No specific time for me and my family. Although, I am an eary riser anyhow...It's my daughter who is 6 y/o that we usually have to wake.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

act_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elf
5 am. Dad has to work christmas, so I get up, start the coffee, then go jump on my brothers beds screaming "It's Christmas!!"
Old 12-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,141 Times in 12,623 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star I think I will

sleep in until 8. We have never gotten up early on Christmas day. But then, we open our gifts on Christmas eve, so all the excitement of the gift thing is already done.
We get up around 8, enjoy a leisurely breakfast. The Christmas story is read from the book of Luke. We then will go visiting with friends and neighbours, or just relax at home until dinner, for which we will have some company in. Our day ends with a cup of eggnog in front of the fireplace.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Lynn68 (10-16-2011)
Old 12-13-2007, 05:52 PM
On the Naughty List

lenny44 has shown a merry disposition
Christmas morning

When our children were young they would always get up very very early. I think the earlise that I rememebr is 4:00 am. Here is the funny part they are now 24 and 20 and both are real sleepers (usually noon on the weekends) but on Christams they still get up at 6:30. It just goes to show that Christmas is for the young at heart.
Len
Old 12-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
I expect to be up most of the night with my daughter anyway as she suffers from terrible eczema. God knows how i'm going to get the presents out without her knowing. Usually I am the first up christmas day around 7am as I'm like a big kid. I will then phone the rest of the family (if they're not up then I will most probably wake them We'll have breakfast which will normally consist of chocolate and more chocolate. My husband will need his usual five cups of coffee before he's actually awake and if my daughter has any interest in opening presents this year (she's only three) and not leave them unopened for hours, I'll do the honours for her!!! We will then go to my mother's house for dinner around noon and basically eat all day!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

scrooge has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by kelly ann View Post
God knows how i'm going to get the presents out without her knowing.
sorry but isn't that santa's job?

Old 12-19-2007, 07:48 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
I have to help him out this year, lol!!!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Lynn68 has shown a merry dispositionLynn68 has shown a merry disposition
santahat

I don't have children but I'm up really early on Christmas morning. I can never sleep past 5am!! The rest of the family are up an hour later.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:29 AM
Christmas Altair

Last Achievements

Thanked 20,028 Times in 2,876 Posts
shellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
present

I dont have kids either but am up every morning at round 7
So christmas morning will be no different i hope
There is somthing so nice about the cold days , getting up . getting the tree and fireplace lights on and just sitting there befour anyone else gets up

Old 10-17-2011, 03:27 AM
Merry Fourms Member

abianneL has shown a merry disposition
I usually wake up as early as possible to prepare goodies for the children. It's the most special day for them that's why I make it sure they really enjoy it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abianneL For This Useful Post:
lilnoelelf (10-17-2011), merrymistletoe (10-17-2011)