Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » painting the kitchen

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,464
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells All About Stuffing
By MMC Editor
11-19-2011 10:49 PM
42,075 Views  0 Posts
How does Santa get down...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:56 PM
63,162 Views  0 Posts
Fred Claus (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:47 PM
53,508 Views  0 Posts
Diary of a Snow Shoveler
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:38 PM
0 Posts
Christmas with the...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:57 PM
55,817 Views  0 Posts

Old 05-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,332 Times in 12,650 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star painting the kitchen

I have lived here for almost 11 years and this is only the third time I am repainting the kitchen (and it really needed it!) I was cleaning up and found an almost full can for light blue paint left over from the rec room. I also got some trim given to me that goes great with this color. So, I decided I would use it on the kitchen, (this room is just a hall way with counters on both sides and on one end) so it does not need much paint.
I thought since my girls are going off to school, it would be nice to spruce it up now so it is ready when they get home for Christmas.
Are any of you starting some redecorating with the upcoming Christmas season in mind?
Old 05-12-2008, 09:19 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,891 Times in 2,409 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Yep, we started right before Valentine's Day, intending just to do the living room. We painted everything, tedious moulding and all. Got the speakers mounted on the wall, big old flat screen to watch movies on -- CHRISTMAS movies. Problem is that now that we have that room done we got to keep going through out the whole upstairs. I'll be painting all summer.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I will be painting before to long too. We are also going to be starting a huge project of adding on to our home. We plan to go out, put in a downstairs and also an upstairs. It won't be completely finished by the end of summer but hey thats ok by me it's a start.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:38 PM
mammaduke

We are redoing the kitchen with all new cabnets & moving the door into the house, adding a deck to the front. The front porch will be insulated & painted, so we can use it year round.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
I'm decorating mine in August. It just need's a good painting and new marble surfaces, I have wanted them for a good while now, good job i've been saving up the pennies.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,332 Times in 12,650 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star is there anything

that can be done with the counter tops? This a rental, but they are an ugly pink color and I would love to be able to do something with them to make them look as nice as my walls are now looking.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
that can be done with the counter tops? This a rental, but they are an ugly pink color and I would love to be able to do something with them to make them look as nice as my walls are now looking.
My sister and I used contact/laminate paper once in a rental we lived in for the kitchen counters. It was inexpensive and worked well for us. Plus it made it look 10 times better than what it looked like before.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

cathymacmiller has shown a merry disposition
My DH is a pro painter, but our house needs a good coat in most of the rooms! I'll probably end up doing it just to get it done, he won't like what I've done and will re-do it and then I'll be happy! It's a whole big thing with us, lol!

I want to paint our bedroom and re-do it, and yes, I'm thinking about Christmas decorating while I'm doing it. I also am planning on painting my laundry room (I have a tree out there, too) and the boys' bathroom..tree in there, as well...Ok, I admit it, I have at least one tree in every room and some, like the living room and kitchen have several each. It's truly an illness, isn't it? But isn't it FUN??!!
Old 05-23-2008, 06:25 PM

cathymacmiller has shown a merry disposition
I should have mentioned the porches...they'll be getting new paint, as well. And, we'll be screening in the back one and making a window into a door to our bedroom to make bathroom facilities easier during our HALLOWEEN PARTY!!! whoo hoo....I feel holiday mode coming on!!
Old 05-28-2008, 01:35 AM

Snowbelle27 has shown a merry disposition
I am addicted to revamping the rooms in my home. We moved into this house 4 years ago and knew it would be a major project it needed everything doing to it as it had not been touched for 30 years.

We are gradually working throught it 1 room at a time. My husband is currently making a playroom and a laundry from the existing garage and I can't wait for it to be done. I have decorated it so many times in my head who knows what it will end up like. I'm hoping it will be completed in the next couple of months, so not much longer to wait.

I'm also hoping to get the living room and study completed before Christmas. I have already planned the schedule for next year and have ideas for revamping the rooms we've already done. What am I like!