Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » What is your favorite Christmas tradition?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,842
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 11-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Merry Forums Newbie

troygarcia has shown a merry disposition
tree What is your favorite Christmas tradition?

What is your favorite Christmas tradition? What about your favorite Christmas memory as a child? Favorite Christmas present? Best Christmas morning ever? Any Christmas miracles?

To name a few

My favorite Christmas tradition is always getting my Christmas tree, Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. My family and I have done this ever since I remember.

I am only 13, so I am still some what of a child, but my favorite Christmas memory was when I received my very first pet, Daisy. I don't think I have ever been more happier. Unfortunately, this past Thanksgiving was 3 years exactly that Daisy died. But, a lot of good things came from Daisy dying, a lot of things you wouldn't expect.

My favorite Christmas present was stated above, my first dog, Daisy.

The best Christmas morning for me is of course, EVERY Christmas morning. Every time Christmas comes I am so happy and I am extremely excited when Christmas finally comes and let me tell you, usually its the longest 364 days EVER.

I have never personally had a Christmas miracle, but one will come. I know it will

Old 11-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
Thanks for holding these traditions and memories so dear! I have tried ever since you were born to make Christmas special. I love you!!!!!

Diana
Old 11-26-2007, 05:48 PM
mammaduke

So many things come to my mind since I'm older, As I stated on another forum, It was the year my mom dressed up as santa & walked around the outside of our home before the real santa showed up. or the vanity my parents made for me since they had no money for gifts. My dad built it & my mom hand sewed the skirt to go all around it, they made my sister a cradle for her doll. Mom made the guilt & pillow for it.

Miracles happen everyday, have faith.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:34 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
Putting up my Christmas tree each year at the weekend closest to my birthday.

What about your favorite Christmas memory as a child?
Spending time at Grandma's house.

Favorite Christmas present?
That's easy. A couple of years ago, after my brother had joined the AirForce, we were facing our first Christmas without him. We're a large, close knit family so being without one of our own for the first time at Christmas was going to be tough.

Anyway, my little nephew's birthday is a few days before Christmas and my sister had invited everyone over for his birthday party. We were all waiting for her DH to get home so we could celebrate the little guy's birthday when in walks my little brother, handsome in his dress blues, home for the holiday!! He said that he'd spent all his Christmas money on a plane ticket to come home for Christmas and we all agreed that it was the best Christmas gift we'd ever received!!

Best Christmas morning ever?
That's a tough one. Maybe the time several years ago when my DH and I bought a computer for all of my younger siblings who were still living at home with my mom at the time. We set the computer up on Christmas Eve and set a timer so that the computer would start playing Christmas music at around 6:30 am.

Dh and I got up that morning and made the cold drive across town to mom's to be there when everyone opened gifts. When the music started playing, my mom snapped at my brother to "turn your music off! I've got a headache!" My brother was insisting that he hadn't turned any music on, so mom started really getting onto all the kids to go turn the music off...that she wasn't in the mood to listen to it! Of course, the kids all followed the sound of the music to the other room where the computer was hidden in the corner under a box! They all went crazy and mom, DH and I couldn't stop laughing!

Any Christmas miracles?
Well, I think my brother coming home for Christmas a couple of years ago was a pretty good Christmas miracle.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:02 AM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

Amanda Elf has shown a merry dispositionAmanda Elf has shown a merry disposition
Going to get our tree (this Sat.) and seeing the kids face when they get their Christmas pj's from their elf, while we're gone visiting.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:33 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Euan Buchan has shown a merry dispositionEuan Buchan has shown a merry disposition
Getting the tree & the decorations down from the attic
Old 11-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
My favorite childhood memory is all of us going to midnight mass on foot and returning in the cold night and my mother making hot chocolate in the middle of the night. We opened our presents on Christmas eve before mass and it was always a huge pile.

My favorite tradition is going to the xmas tree farm and picking out a tree, dragging it home and decorating it.

For me the season begins when my first card arrives in my mailbox

Other favorites.... the smell of baking, the lights, the smiles on people's faces, the crowds (which I try to avoid but love to see from further away), ...

My favorite christmas present is an ornament I receive from a good friend of mine. She sends me an ornament every year and I started this tradition with other friends too so I have lots of ornaments on my tree with a special meaning and when I decorate my tree I think of all my friends and the times they gave me special memories.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
My favorite Christmas memory is spending time and being under one roof with all 6 of my siblings. This doesn't happen much anymore now that we are all spread out here and there and in different places and have our own families. My favorite toy that I can recall was a toy called Dolly Pops made by Nickerbocker. I can also relate to losing my chow chow a couple years ago in December and before Christmas, I also lost another one prior to this in October..And I still have one chow that is hanging in there..They really do become a part of your family. I had these chows way before having children so they are/were like my kids...Here is a little poem I will share with you Troy. I bought a card that had this on it and framed it.

~~DOGS ARE MIRACLES WITH PAWS~~
*A dog's nose in the palm of your hand can cure almost anything.
*Dogs are made of love and fur.
*Let your dog take you for a walk.
*Dogs are a sure thing.
*Some little known Dog secrets: dogs have no secrets.
*Dogs are like vanilla ice cream: reliably delicious.
*Dogs are wise agents directly from Heaven.
*If you had a tail, wouldn't you wag it too?
*There ARE no bad dogs.
*Be your dogs best friend.
*Dogs like dancing, drive-in movies and dreaming.
*God made dogs and spelled His own name backwards.
*Dogs make great therapists.
*Kiss your dog all the time.
*Some dogs are nap dogs.
*Dogs invented unconditional love.
*Dogs are party animals.
*Apply Dog Logic to life:
*eat well,
*be loved,
*get petted,
*sleep a lot,
*dream of a leash-free world.

*Live your Dog's Life!