Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Anyone got Christmas Day plans yet?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,868
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,459)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 10-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Anyone got Christmas Day plans yet?

does anyone know what they'll be doing this year, where they will be eating, who will be attending, who is cooking etc...

do you do the same as every year or do you mix it up? will you be having a quiet christmas night or a bit of a party? i'd love to know!

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following User Says Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
mistletoe misfit (10-20-2008)

Old 10-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
We always spend Christmas Eve with my in-laws...they have a big Christmas Eve open house. Christmas Day is spent with my family...which includes my mom, myself and my DH, my sister, her DH, their four (soon to be five) children, two more sisters, my aunt, her DH and their three kids. Whew...that's a lot of people. I don't know who will be hosting this year but I know that I'll be doing 99.9% of the cooking.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshine73 For This Useful Post:
bhenson (10-20-2008)
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
nothing planned yet....I might do a big Christmas dinner for my parents and grandparents and my family of course....since Christmas Eve will be different this year...We´ve always celebrated at my grandparents...but they feel a bit too old now...which is understandable...so we only go there to open some presents and then go our own ways........so maybe I will do the cooking the next day.

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Everything is kind of different this year. My SIL and BIL are getting a divorce, so I know they will not be together this year with us. Also...my youngest brother and his new wife are stationed at the AFB in Florida so don't know if they will be able to come for the Christmas, I'm hoping Thanksgiving though.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,509 Times in 920 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
We spend Christmas Eve at home and have a nice seafood dinner for just our family. Christmas morning my dad and his wife join us for breakfest. We also host Christmas dinner (turkey) and every year the guest list changes a little. Not sure who is all coming for dinner this year and what sides I will be making!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

pinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elf
here is what i am hoping for:

christmas eve day... with my husband's parents and his brother, we will leave around dinnertime

christmas eve dinner... we usually go to mcdonald's (it's a tradition with my husband and i )

christmas eve night... midnight mass at our church (where we were married) and exchange pajama gifts

christmas morning... open gifts with my husband, make christmas brunch

christmas day... watch films

christmas dinner... go out to dinner at a fancy hotel in the city
Old 10-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
We always do Christmas Eve at my mom's house and she makes a casual dinner usually Ham and mashed potatoes. I usually take a turkey breast with me as well as cookies! My husband and I do Christmas day together in the morning and then head off to his grandmother's and then to his mom's as long as he's off from work. This year he is so I'm very excited! I may try to have an "open house" here where I just make some ham, turkey, mashed potatoes and Cheesey potatoes, etc. and just have all the food here and let people come and go as they please and eat if they want. No sit down dinner, no real plans, just a casual night for friends and family to come, hang out and play games or talk. I think that would be fun.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 6,001 Times in 1,079 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
We are going to Windsor Ontario to visit my family on Christmas Eve Day. Then after breakfast at my grandmothers house on Christmas day we come back and spend the rest of the time with my Wifes side of the family :P Busy busy!
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
Old 10-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
On Sunday (yesterday) I discovered a terrific airfare from Chicago to San Francisco ($365 round-trip). (Anyone who's shopped airfares around Christmas knows how high they can go.) And so now we will be spending Christmas out there at my brother's home in the Bay Area! Not the whole family — our other brother and his family will be on vacation. But anytime with Mom and the family is good time, and my brother really makes an effort to be a good host. His daughter is flying all the way out from New York to be there.

San Francisco is a fun city — we'll no doubt all be seeing the holiday version of the famous Beach Blanket Babylon show. And eating Chinese food on Christmas!
The Following User Says Thank You to Wenceslaus For This Useful Post:
bhenson (10-20-2008)
Old 10-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
santahat

Well this Christmas our day will begin around 5:30 am for the kids and grand kids to open gifts while listening to traditional Christmas music from the past. Shortly after that my wife and I will start cooking dinner and at the same time prepare to go and visit our loves one thru out the city. We will spend a fair amount of time with my mother due to this being the first year without my father who past on April 10, 2008. We will then go over to my mother-in-laws house for a third dinner and gift opening. We will conclude our day at home around 6:30 watching Christmas movies while sitting by the fireplace. Wow I can't wait for it to get here. I am truly getting excited.Santa Claus is coming real soon! Yes!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Chillywilly For This Useful Post:
bhenson (10-20-2008)