Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,857
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,291)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 11-29-2007, 09:49 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

DeckTheHalls is a good elfDeckTheHalls is a good elfDeckTheHalls is a good elfDeckTheHalls is a good elfDeckTheHalls is a good elfDeckTheHalls is a good elf
Festive Projects

Do you enjoy creating your own festive decorations for the holidays?

Old 11-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
holly

I enjoy it alot, when time allows it. I plan to make a live wreath this year.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:36 PM

DeckTheHalls is a good elfDeckTheHalls is a good elfDeckTheHalls is a good elfDeckTheHalls is a good elfDeckTheHalls is a good elfDeckTheHalls is a good elf
Home-made wreaths are way better than the fake ones. Are you following any certain instructions to make this wreath?
Old 11-30-2007, 01:55 PM
mammaduke

holly

I am planning on making centerpieces this year, along with helping my sister make candles that she can give as gifts. I love making different Christmas decorations.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:19 PM

Have you heard on Safeway's Inspired Holiday site? They have a lot of festive projects you can use to help decorate for Christmas. They have this Candy Cane Vase that would make for a beautiful center piece.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeckTheHalls For This Useful Post:
cipalla (06-04-2008)
Old 12-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by Annette1990 View Post
I enjoy it alot, when time allows it. I plan to make a live wreath this year.
Cool!!
Old 12-04-2007, 12:01 PM

Isn't this vase beautiful?
Old 12-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Last Achievements

tgalata has shown a merry disposition
Would you please post the link to the Safeway site?
The Following User Says Thank You to tgalata For This Useful Post:
angiejo (06-07-2008)
Old 12-05-2007, 06:46 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I'm being very creative this year

Have made a wreath with lights (base of moss) to put on my wall and another one for my sister as a present.

Made a wreath for my front door with a grapevine base and only part of it decorated with greens.

Now in the process of making a garland for my banister which is a LOT of work but also a lot of fun.

I will also make something with mistletoe. I put together a branch of spur with mistletoe, tie a string of just ten lights through it and a few small golden balls on string. Then a pretty bow on top. Makes a beautiful arrangement and something unique to do with the mistletoe.

I love the candycane vase !!
Old 12-05-2007, 10:47 AM

Kerst, how long is your banister? Are you drenching the garland with lights, berries, or ornaments?

I know, the vase is breath-taking. Here is the link to Safeway's holiday site that describes how to put it together.

http://holiday.safeway.com/festive.cfm?rid=19

There's actually a lot of creative projects on there other than the vase. Looks like simple materials too that we may already have lying around the house.