Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Fun & Games » Friends, wanna guess?

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,441
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Time-Saving Thanksgiving...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:57 PM
74,339 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in Europe
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:21 PM
0 Posts
Real or Artificial?
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:49 PM
45,657 Views  0 Posts
In Honor of the...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:16 PM
44,083 Views  0 Posts
The Christmas Feast
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:24 PM
0 Posts

Old 11-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
I made a guess....and...um Jeff??? I think you just described ME!?!?!?!?!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:13 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 545 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Bite your tongue Christmasstar HAHAHAHAHA

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 11-29-2007, 06:18 PM

Last Achievements

JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Its funny after Jeff posted his girl prediction (sorta) how most here after him have said girl..
Mrs. H he also described my youngest DD almost to a T.

The baby will grow up to be a concervative republican! LOL

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 11-29-2007, 06:20 PM

Last Achievements

BTW you need to add your vote on the poll Jeff.. please.

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 11-29-2007, 06:27 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,890 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Heh-heh. Sorry---just having a little fun with you.

When my daughter Allie was born 11 years ago we had the most unusual birth experience with her. Of course, she is the middle of seven, so perhaps that explains it.

Our kids tend to be big babies. When our 15 year old Abby was born she had the misfortune of having my broad shoulders and as she was delivered her clavicle broke, creating a bit of drama in the delivery room. In an effort to avoid a repeat of that in the future we always did an induction a week or so before the due date. It worked great with my son, so when Allie was born and she was predicted to be a big baby we planned the do the same thing with her.

Problem was -- out of 3500 inductions our doc had done over the course of his career ours was the only one he had who had ever failed. The kid just didn't want to be born and there was no amount of pitocin (or however you spell it) my wife could take that would force it. She sat for hours with the maximum legal amount flowing into her veins and all she would get would be these token contractions now and then.

So, on the due date, we came back and tried it again. And again it failed.

Finally, a week later and my wife practically rolling in pregnant splendor, we went in and she had dropped enough for the doctor to break her water.

Problem was -- Allie was asleep. And she sleeps with her arm above her head (still does) and she was in this position as the water was broken and she started down the birth canal and got stuck.

As the doctor was checking things out he had his hand...um, there... and he starts to giggle. I ask him what's up and he says "Well, someone just shook my hand". We all started to laugh and thought it was really cute but Sandy was starting to get a little frustrated. After all this she STILL wasn't feeling like things were going to happen soon and to know my wife you have to understand that she really enjoys the birthing process. Yes, she actually likes that pain and kind of sees it like an athetic event -- something she always got "up" for. But not this time.

It didn't help when the doctor looked at me and said, "Hey, you want to check this out?"

Well...DUH. Yes, I wanted and after getting a quick nod from my wife I stuck my hand there and made contact with my daughter.

I have to tell you -- it was the one of the most powerful spiritual experiences in my entire life.

Normally, all a husband gets to do in this process is wait for it to happen -- if he has a weak stomach -- or, at best, witness it if his stomach is steady. I have no problem with blood and guts so I always was right there with each of the kids.

But this was interactive! I got to actually do something and it was exciting in a way I had never experienced before.

But I have to seriously tell you -- in that instance -- I had a complete impression about this daughter of mine. I knew then and there all about her. And I mean everything -- I knew what she looked like, what her personality was, how she felt -- all of it was given to me in that moment.

Looking back on it, I know now why. And I'm a firm believer than men ARE endowed with spiritual parental enlightenment with their children for their good and for the good of the family.

We ended up having a c-section, Sandy's worst nightmare. She was completely removed from the birthing process and I was her stand-in. I got to remove the baby from the womb, to see her brown eyes for the first time, to clean her up and to talk to her.

She was the most unusually calm and with-it newborn I had ever seen. I mean she was present in a very adult sense. She was looking around, very calm, like she knew what was going on and was soaking it all in. We made a connection and I told my wife right then and there everything I knew about her -- not too much unlike what I wrote up there.

And I have been dead on right about every bit of it and I knew I would be because it was given to me.

So every since then my wife teases me about being the baby psychic. Truth be told, she always has known the gender of the baby before they were born. With so many girls we were always pulling for a boy but she nailed it every time. Only with Allie was I ever really given any inkling at all.

We're the types that never find out the gender of the baby ahead of time. Oh, we'd do the sonagram thing and if we saw something, we saw something. But we always told them that if they figured it out to never tell us because we didn't want to know until the moment of truth. That anticipation and the games of what if for months leading up to the birth was always the best fun. I highly encourage anyone having a baby to resist the urge to find out -- besides, sometimes there are known to get it wrong (such as in the case of my nephew who up until about 12 hours before he was born was supposed to be a niece and for whom I spent the first day of his life repainting his room when she ended up being a he and everything had to be taken back, but that's another story).

I'm excited for you, Jana. We'd give our eye teeth for one more and it just ain't happening anymore for us. So we're living vicariously through you until our 21 year old daughter picks out a Prince Charming dweeb of her choice and gets busy!

Jeff
Old 11-29-2007, 06:46 PM

Last Achievements

Wow thats a fantastic story! Tell your wife I bow to her, as I get the epidural as soon as I am allowed Another funny thing, I have an 11 year old son and a daughter that will be 15 in 2 weeks! Being pregnant and giving birth is such a miraculous thing that its gonna sadden me to know this is my last So I am cherishing this pregnancy!

Thank you everyone here for playing my "guessing game" Its fun!

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 11-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
You guys crack me up, you really had me going there Jeff......
Old 11-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

BooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elf
When I had my first son, I had the same experience with the induction. It did not work! I sat there for hours and hours with, as Jeff said, only "token" contractions. We knew that Gabe was a big baby and that he had a big head. And I was such a wimp, the doctor couldn't even check me to see how dilated I was. Incidentally, I wasn't! So after 12 hours of this, my doctor asked me if I wanted to do a C section. She thought it was a good idea because he had a big head and I have a small pelvis! Well, that's what we did and it was lucky because he had the cord wrapped around him and he would have became distressed if he would have came through the birth canal. He also had broad shoulders! When he was delivered, one of the nurses said, "We have a future Tennessee Titans linebacker here!" (My husband is a Steelers fan--doh!) He was 9 lb., 8 oz and 22 inches long. A big baby! When I was pregnant with my youngest son, Reece, it was determined that he also had a large head and was going to be large. We did elective C section because of this and it was scheduled about a week before the due date. Well, Reece was delivered one week early and he weighed more than his brother did, 9 lb, 14 oz! He wasn't as long (20 in.), but he was big! My doctor said that next time we'll have to go two weeks early and maybe the baby will be smaller!

We are planning to try for our third within the next couple of years and we're hoping for a girl this time!

Jana, you are truly blessed! A baby is the best gift!
And I made my guess on your site!

Last edited by BooksNChristmas; 11-29-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:43 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by JanaBanana View Post
BTW you need to add your vote on the poll Jeff.. please.
Done, and I'm sticking to my original prediction. If ANY of it comes true, I'm taking credit. Now, if she has brown eyes you'll have some explaining to do...
Old 11-29-2007, 10:46 PM

Last Achievements

I sure hope you write those birth stories down. The more I read what others go through the more "normal" it makes me feel. Every birth story is unique but it's the same all at the same time.

What gets me though is how much it changes your life. In the weeks and months leading up to the birth you can't help but wonder what life will be like with that new personality. Then, when it actually happens, you wonder what life was like without him or her. It's a funny thing how much your world changes.

Sandy and I have written all our stories down with each birth. They are as different as each of our children are different. And we'd have it no other way.

Originally Posted by miller4plusmore View Post
When I had my first son, I had the same experience with the induction. It did not work! I sat there for hours and hours with, as Jeff said, only "token" contractions. We knew that Gabe was a big baby and that he had a big head. And I was such a wimp, the doctor couldn't even check me to see how dilated I was. Incidentally, I wasn't! So after 12 hours of this, my doctor asked me if I wanted to do a C section. She thought it was a good idea because he had a big head and I have a small pelvis! Well, that's what we did and it was lucky because he had the cord wrapped around him and he would have became distressed if he would have came through the birth canal. He also had broad shoulders! When he was delivered, one of the nurses said, "We have a future Tennessee Titans linebacker here!" (My husband is a Steelers fan--doh!) He was 9 lb., 8 oz and 22 inches long. A big baby! When I was pregnant with my youngest son, Reece, it was determined that he also had a large head and was going to be large. We did elective C section because of this and it was scheduled about a week before the due date. Well, Reece was delivered one week early and he weighed more than his brother did, 9 lb, 14 oz! He wasn't as long (20 in.), but he was big! My doctor said that next time we'll have to go two weeks early and maybe the baby will be smaller!

We are planning to try for our third within the next couple of years and we're hoping for a girl this time!

Jana, you are truly blessed! A baby is the best gift!
And I made my guess on your site!