Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » How do you have a merry christmas when a family member dies ?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,938
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,013)
Welcome to our newest member, RMcGuigan

Old 12-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
You're all in my prayers Debbie.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:19 PM
mammaduke

santahat

Thank you everyone , the next two days will be hard. THE viewing tonight (the 5th) then the funeral on the 6th) thrusday.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
mammaduke i am so sorry.

we lost my precious grandad on christmas morning in 1993, of course he is still missed like crazy but we still need to try and celebrate the birth of christ, it is what he would have wanted and i am sure it is what your MIL would have wanted.

take comfort in knowing you WILL be together again one day, the lord obviously wanted her to join him for his birthday party.

lots of love to you and your family. x
Old 12-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

xmascrackers has shown a merry disposition
Hey Debbie, my deepest sympathies - a really bad time to happen, at least she did not suffer, to go out in ones sleep is what most of us wish for. I hope all goes well for the viewing and funeral. As to the present under the tree. That is one of the really hard things. Sitting under our tree at the moment are presents my mother bought after last Christmas for us - They have been sitting under my bed all year and pulling them out was difficult. The only thing I can suggest is get more presents under the tree, dont take hers away, just fill the spaces with more so that there is more to look at than that one. When Christmas day comes along, open it and remember the love that went into that gift. Thats what we plan to do. We all buy gifts early for family and so I have a gift for my mother as well. It is no use to her so I took it to the hospice and asked them to give it to another client of theirs. On Monday I went out and bought some new artificial flowers to add to mums grave and a little plaque. On Christmas day I will go to the cemetery and give her her gift. So the day wont be Merry from beginning to end but I know she will want us to be as happy as we can and that is what we will try and do. My thoughts are with you Debbie. Know that we are thinking of you all right now.

Lisa
Old 12-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

ChristmasFan08 is a good elfChristmasFan08 is a good elfChristmasFan08 is a good elfChristmasFan08 is a good elfChristmasFan08 is a good elfChristmasFan08 is a good elf
Mammaduke im so sorry for your loss
takinga family member dying any time of year is very hard and i wish you and your family a safe and peaceful time through this very bad time but i would keep the present under the tree andgrieve in your own waysas every1 has ways of grieving differently

All the best for you and your family in the near future
Old 12-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,483 Times in 1,761 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's always hard on those left behind but you have to remember she's gone to a better place.

My other half's mother passed on Christmas Eve in 2004. We had gone to Canada for Christmas and his sister phoned us while we were out getting last minute presents. His mum had deliberately played down how ill she was because she wanted everyone to enjoy their Christmas.

That Christmas was hard as all we wanted was to be back here with his father and the following Christmas was equally hard because it was the first anniversary. My OH still goes quiet and things upset him when something reminds him of her, but he can also remember the fun times (and the arguments!) and how much his mother loved her family and this season. She'd be really annoyed if she thought people were sad because she'd gone instead of rejoicing that she'd lived.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

little miss icequeen has shown a merry dispositionlittle miss icequeen has shown a merry disposition
Im so sorry for your loss.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
Mammaduke,
I am sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Everyone had some great info to give you. I know that when I lost my mother 3 years ago (almost 4), my husband cried like a baby and I was the strong one who had to pull together everything and do everything. I still have not cried publicly and I wish for her to return to me for one last ......
But she loved christmas and everything about it and I remember her every day and every holiday. The one thing that I did do was I went to International Star Registry and bought a star for her. So, I can look in the night sky and attempt to pick out her star and talk to her. It helped with my grieving process at the time. I can't watch Prancer or the Littlest Angel (1960's) or a White Christmas without a simple tear to remind me that my mother watched these with me. But I do enjoy them more because of that also. Good luck to you and your family in the coming months. You are in my thoughts.......
Old 12-05-2007, 07:05 PM
mammaduke

santahat

Hi there everyone, I want to say thank you for everything that has been written . Tonight went as well as can be aspected, there were so many people there. I had to make sure that I started getting everything together for the reception after the service, I finally got all the cooking done so I can relax a little now.
Thanks again, Debbie
Old 03-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

Christmas-man has shown a merry disposition
In 2009 my motherinlaw died on the morning of 22/12. This was not expected at all, okay she was 82 years old and not so healty but still.... worst was when we give here christmasgifts to our children, with her handwriting on... and at the dinner table there was one chair empty...
The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-man For This Useful Post:
momnan30 (03-16-2011)