Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Have you ever had a "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree"

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
22 16x16 Hot Cocoa or Hot...
By Meceka
10-09-2011 10:58 PM
Last post by Riccardo Vasquez
04-04-2014 01:38 AM
3 Posts
Just Like Jesus
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:34 PM
0 Posts
How to Fit the Tree in...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:44 PM
Last post by Christmas-A-Holic
06-27-2011 08:13 PM
44,609 Views  3 Posts
Nobody Believes Me
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:30 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
08-30-2013 05:10 AM
55,808 Views  4 Posts
Gift 2 Yes, Virginia -- There...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 01:39 PM
0 Posts

Old 11-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Have you ever had a "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree"

I recall my first place and my first Christmas in it. I lived in Washington State at that time and went out into the woods to find a tree. Of course there were tons of snow and everything was covered. I looked and looked until I came upon the "perfect tree"...It really looked great when I first seen it although it was really covered with snow..once I got it home shook it to get the snow off brought it in it looked sooo lifeless. *Laugh* But I made the best of it and decorated it regardless. It was definately a Charlie Brown tree.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
My Dh and I laugh that we have a Charlie Brown Christmas tree right now. Ours is an artificial one, probably about 6.5 feet tall but definitely on the "skimpier" side. There's no way to shape the tree so that you can plug the holes...there's no help for it, you can see directly through our tree at nearly every turn! But, it's our tree and we love it! Besides, like Charlie Brown's tree, once we get it decorated, it's not such a bad little tree.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

xmascrackers has shown a merry disposition
I dont think it matters what the tree looks like - and we have had a few shockers in our time - it is the love that turns it into something more than just a tree with decorations. One of the people who have an open home over Christmas has the perfect Charlie Brown tree - it has beautiful branches just no needles (made from dead grapevines wired into place) and this is decorated with some artificial snow, lights and decorations. Looks very spectacular.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Santa's Mentor

Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by xmascrackers View Post
I dont think it matters what the tree looks like - and we have had a few shockers in our time - it is the love that turns it into something more than just a tree with decorations. One of the people who have an open home over Christmas has the perfect Charlie Brown tree - it has beautiful branches just no needles (made from dead grapevines wired into place) and this is decorated with some artificial snow, lights and decorations. Looks very spectacular.

Good point Xmascrackers it is all in how you look at it=)
Old 11-27-2007, 05:38 PM
mammaduke

tree

My first tree was a Charlie Brown tree, but my girls loved it anyways. I just separated from my husband & didn't have alot of money for a tree so we went on my sister's dairy farm & my uncle cut a pine tree from there for us, then he gave us his extra lights & a few decorations . It was the best tree every because it was a tree given out of love.

Then the girls & I made popcorn, we strung it & put it on the tree.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Santa's Mentor

That's so sweet Mamaduke..I bet the girls still recall this lovely memory.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:54 PM
mammaduke

They are 24 & 23 , every year that say mom are u getting another charlie Brown tree ? That's another memory that I didn't lose with the chemo, & for that I'm blessed.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,208 Times in 483 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I can't remember ever having a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, BUT I always consider it. I feel bad for the scraggly trees.

I always want to take one home so that it can be loved just like all the other trees. I sound like a loon, I know...but I can't help it...I feel bad for inanimate objects sometimes (and no, I don't take medication for it, hah hah).
Old 12-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Amy has shown a merry disposition
The first Christmas after my parents divorced (I was 9 years old) I didn't think we were going to have a tree at all. We had just moved into a small apartment and my Mom was depressed. Someone in the apartment complex threw away their tree...it was sitting next to the dumpster. I brought it in after school while my Mom was at work, set it in the corner and decorated it. I made paper snowflakes, paper ornaments, paper light bulbs and colored them.

I remember my Mom walking in the door and when she saw me sitting under the tree she just started crying. I thought I had done something wrong but she told me it was the most beautiful tree she had ever seen.

I know we'll both remember that Christmas for different reasons but it was a new beginning for us.