Traditions & MemoriesThis forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!
I have been pondering a bit lately about the popularity of the whole Magic Elves concept and I rather think that Magic Elves touch us on lots of different levels. They give us a chance to be kids again and they are a bit whimsical. But I really think it is a bit more than that. I think the Magic Elves reflect our heartfelt desires to be the people we truly were meant to be.
People that take time out from “business as usual” to enter an enchanted make believe world. Perhaps a world that in some ways is more representative of who we want to be rather than who we are right now.
A world where a bit of mischief makes us smile rather than cringe, where we set examples for others about how to have fun, where time is no longer the enemy, and where we all care just a bit more about the small things in life that give us joy. Magic Elves capture our fancy because the true magic of the elves resides inside us; the creative, caring, nurturing part of us that delights at simple pleasures.
There are lots of other sites about Magic Elves too (that sell them....I got mine at the flea market for a dollar and they are CUTE)....we had three visit our house last year and had a blast with them and my grandson...I have several Elf stories and celebration ideas that I'll try to get posted but TIME is my enemy right now!!!
Thanks...in case anyone is interested we are creating a Magic Elf notebook over at the forums of Magical Holiday Home....I will be getting the Magic Elf blog up soon and will have some stories to print and share...we are also including Mischief ideas, Celebration ideas, and other elfish info in our notebooks...when I get a chance I'll pop over and give you updates also..!!!
Okay...here's a framework we are using to set up our notebooks:
1. Get notebook.... print cover, spine, and dividers, decide on sections (we have a source for the cover and stuff..just need to print them)
2. Elf Names list and ideas for sources of elves. (create list)
3. Elf Gift Ideas and lists (create list)
1. Work on: Elf letters (samples) I have some and others can add to the thread we start about this one.
2. Elf Mischief Ideas: again we can all add ideas in the thread
3. Celebration Ideas: print the ones we already have and add new
1. Elf Crafts (we can share and add ideas to our notebooks)
2. Elf Stories: I hope to have the Magic Elves blog up by this time so I can put my stories up there. We can also share links to other elf stories we find
3. Create an elf book list also. So keep your eyes open!!
November 25th-December 1st:
1. Finish up any unfinished sections and be READY for our
elves to arrive at our homes.