Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » The Magic Elf Concept

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,856
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,291)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 10-19-2007, 09:20 PM

Last Achievements

Gingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elf
The Magic Elf Concept

I have been pondering a bit lately about the popularity of the whole Magic Elves concept and I rather think that Magic Elves touch us on lots of different levels. They give us a chance to be kids again and they are a bit whimsical. But I really think it is a bit more than that. I think the Magic Elves reflect our heartfelt desires to be the people we truly were meant to be.

People that take time out from “business as usual” to enter an enchanted make believe world. Perhaps a world that in some ways is more representative of who we want to be rather than who we are right now.

A world where a bit of mischief makes us smile rather than cringe, where we set examples for others about how to have fun, where time is no longer the enemy, and where we all care just a bit more about the small things in life that give us joy. Magic Elves capture our fancy because the true magic of the elves resides inside us; the creative, caring, nurturing part of us that delights at simple pleasures.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

RavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elf
exactly.....*hands gingerbug a candy cane and some peppermint tea *
Old 10-26-2007, 06:09 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

reindeerelf has disabled reputation
santahat

"If we pretend long enough, never giving up, it just might be who we are."
-Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Old 10-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
Gingerbug and Reindeerelf you are exactly right on. I was hopping for a place on the internet where I could become an elf.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:29 PM

Last Achievements

Gingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elf
I love the whole elfish idea but I was also referring to something a bit more interactive...check it out here:

http://organizedchristmas.com/gifts-...-elf-tradition

There are lots of other sites about Magic Elves too (that sell them....I got mine at the flea market for a dollar and they are CUTE)....we had three visit our house last year and had a blast with them and my grandson...I have several Elf stories and celebration ideas that I'll try to get posted but TIME is my enemy right now!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 07:10 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

reindeerelf has disabled reputation
santahat

Great site Gingerbug. Thanks for sharing. I have to make an elf.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:31 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Thanks for sharing Gingerbug!
Old 11-01-2007, 09:47 AM

Last Achievements

Thanks...in case anyone is interested we are creating a Magic Elf notebook over at the forums of Magical Holiday Home....I will be getting the Magic Elf blog up soon and will have some stories to print and share...we are also including Mischief ideas, Celebration ideas, and other elfish info in our notebooks...when I get a chance I'll pop over and give you updates also..!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
I still think its a good idea and it is a great site. Can't wait to participate.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:54 AM

Last Achievements

Okay...here's a framework we are using to set up our notebooks:

November 4-10th:
1. Get notebook.... print cover, spine, and dividers, decide on sections (we have a source for the cover and stuff..just need to print them)
2. Elf Names list and ideas for sources of elves. (create list)
3. Elf Gift Ideas and lists (create list)

November 11-17th:
1. Work on: Elf letters (samples) I have some and others can add to the thread we start about this one.
2. Elf Mischief Ideas: again we can all add ideas in the thread
3. Celebration Ideas: print the ones we already have and add new

November 18th-24th:
1. Elf Crafts (we can share and add ideas to our notebooks)
2. Elf Stories: I hope to have the Magic Elves blog up by this time so I can put my stories up there. We can also share links to other elf stories we find
3. Create an elf book list also. So keep your eyes open!!

November 25th-December 1st:
1. Finish up any unfinished sections and be READY for our
elves to arrive at our homes.