Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > TV » Lots of Christmas Viewers!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

TV For any child of the 1960s (and later) Christmas just wouldn't be the same without television. Talk Christmas on the tube here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 53,979
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 12-13-2007, 06:08 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

MarthaK has shown a merry dispositionMarthaK has shown a merry disposition
Lots of Christmas Viewers!

Strong Ratings In ABC Family’s Stocking
’25 Days Of Christmas’ Stunt Drives Network To Viewer, Demo Records

By Mike Reynolds -- Multichannel News, 12/12/2007 9:14:00 AM

Christmas may be coming a little early this year for ABC Family.

Lifted by original telefilm Holiday in Handcuffs and a pair of holiday-themed theatricals as key components of its annual “25 Days of Christmas” programming stunt, ABC Family enjoyed its most-watched week ever from Dec. 3-9 among total viewers and with several key demos.

With the Dec. 9 debut of Holiday in Handcuffs becoming the network’s most-watched ever program and The Santa Clause 2 (Dec. 8) and The Polar Express also performing well, ABC Family averaged a 1.9 household rating in primetime, fourth for the week in all of basic cable, and 2.8 million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research data. Network officials said the viewership average matched ABC Family’s best-ever performance in that measure, while the channel set marks among adults 18 to 34 (525,000 of those viewers), adults 18 to 49 (1.2 million), women 18 to 34 (374,000) and women 18 to 49 (795,000).

Among the cable set, ABC Family ranked first for the week in primetime with women 18 to 49, was third in viewers and fourth with adults 18 to 49.

Through the first nine days of its 10th annual 25 Days of Christmas programming event, ABC Family officials said the stunt was off to its best start among viewers, adults 18 to 34, adults 18 to 49 and women 18 to 49.