Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Do you have late night shopping where you live?

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells Christmas Where Less is...
By MMC Editor
10-01-2013 06:24 AM
Last post by caninemomssister
11-12-2013 07:51 PM
9,603 Views  1 Posts
Elf (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:23 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
11-18-2013 07:29 AM
61,277 Views  3 Posts
"Love Is Best" by Kate...
By MerryCarey
10-25-2011 01:08 PM
58,389 Views  0 Posts
Of Greatest Worth
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:29 PM
45,162 Views  0 Posts
"The Child Who Saw Santa...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 09:01 AM
0 Posts

Old 12-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Do you have late night shopping where you live?

I'm just wondering if the shops are open til late where you live and do you prefer to go shopping at this time?

Ours open til 8pm wednesday and Friday nights in the run up to xmas. In fact that's what I am going to do tomorrow night, just me and my husband. I want to get some stocking stuffer for my daughter, the question is 'what' thou, i havent a clue what to get her!!
Old 12-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
We have many stores that are open 24 hours, so that usually isn't a problem here in Orlando, Florida.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
Since the day after Thanksgiving the stores here have been opened until 11pm. I think in a few days some of the major stores will stay open until midnight.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Yes, tomorrow night is our local Christmas Parade. The stores will stay open late for shopping.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
One year my hubby and I went to WalMart about midnight and we did our Christmas shopping, it was so nice and relaxing. WalMart is the only store open 24 hrs., so we had to go there but it was ok.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Twinkle has disabled reputation
Stores are also open late in Naples though I believe it's only Walmart that's open 24 hours. I do all my shopping during the day. At night, I just want to be home, doing Christmas stuff...besides my night vision is not that good for driving.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:35 PM
mammaduke

We have 24 hour shopping here until Christmas at different stores.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:56 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Here too the shops will be open till 8PM one or two nights next week and also on Sunday the 23rd shops will be open.

Usually Sunday everything is closed and during the week stores are open until 6 PM only. Grocery stores stay open until 8 PM and on Fridays till 9 PM. So on Saturdays it's always very crowded as that is pretty much the only day working people can get to the store.

I would love to have longer opening hours and especially Sundays would be convenient but the unions are very much against it and so it stays this way.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:03 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
We had a 'late night opening' night last Friday for the 'local high street'. The Tescos in the town is open til midnight every day...
Old 12-14-2007, 05:42 AM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
cool!