Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Your Single Favorite Christmas Song of All Time.

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,833
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 12-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 24,886 Times in 2,852 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Your Single Favorite Christmas Song of All Time.

Of all the versions of all the Christmas songs you have heard in your entire lifetime, what one single version of what particular Christmas song is your all-time favorite?
Stated differently, if you could only listen to one, lone Christmas song for the entire season, what one would it be?

My choice would be Perry Como's "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas", the one with the jingling sleigh bells in the background. That one just says Christmas to me.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 24,886 Times in 2,852 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Bumping this.
Surely someone besides me has an all-time favorite Christmas song(?)
Old 12-19-2007, 11:11 AM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,633 Times in 555 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
This is really a tough one...I guess if I have to pick one song, it'd be "The Christmas Song", you know...chestnuts roasting on an open fire...I have no idea which of the many versions of this fine song would be my all time favorite...But I do love this song...Being a traditionalist, I'd say that Nat King Cole's is my favorite but there are so many that I enjoy almost as much, it's tough to say that only one is my favorite...
Old 12-19-2007, 11:17 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,236 Times in 2,287 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Everytime this question comes up I'm always at a loss to choose only one!

For the last three or four (five?) years, since my discovery, I've had a particular fondness for "Little Cajun Drummer Boy" by Evan Johns & His H-Bombs. Everything in this instrumental mix just reaches out a grabs me, from the first guitar lick to the triangle! I have to make myself not end every Christmas CD/show that I do with it!

Another close second is an original tune by The Twang called "Eggnog". Save for the word eggnog, this one's an instrumental as well.

The traditional stuff I leave to the bland, stale & always unimaginative "holiday radio stations." Nothing wrong with the classics, mind you, but why would one only scratch the surface when there is so much great Christmas music down below?