Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 04-13-2010, 11:36 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
Funny Santa Story

I have a great Christmas story I thought many of you might appreciate.

When I was little, I used to be afraid of Santa on Christmas Eve. Yes AFRAID Hahaha! You know the story...."santa sees you when your sleeping, he knows when your awake."

Well...I used to think he would COME in my room to check to make sure I was actually ASLEEP. I would hide my face under the covers and panic that he was going to come in, see I was awake and not leave any presents!

One year I got so tired of being scared, I removed the covers off my face very quickly and he wasn't there. I decided I was going to make sure he REALLY wasn't there and trying to watch me.

I looked out my door, hid around the corner from the family room. I peeked around the wall very quietly and very slowly. I saw a bicycle move across the room, I kid you not. As soon as I saw the bike moving from the fireplace to the tree, I SCREAMED down the hallway to my parents room.

I was crying and yelling, Santas in the house, I saw a bike moving. My mom must have thought I was crazy. She was calming me down, and took me to the family room. Turned on the lights and there was my brand new bike for Christmas. I can't remember much after that. I don't know how early it was, or if we ended up opening gifts or if they told me santa wasn't done and I had to go back to sleep.

To this day, I told my mom the story ...she remembered, but won't tell what really happened. She says to this day (and I am 25 years old) that it indeed was Santa. I will never forget that Christmas!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (05-11-2010), made582 (05-11-2010), Smiley21 (05-16-2010), snowflake22 (01-23-2014)

Old 05-11-2010, 05:10 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

G.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Thats pretty funny! My guess is either your childhood imagination got the best of you and made that bike move for your eyes to see, or perhaps your momma was telling the truth. As for myself, I was never afraid of Santa. But I do remember the very day my dad brought me into my sister's room to tell me there was no Santa. She's a year younger than me, and for some reason he told her first. And when he told me, I remember being so angry! Absolute denial! My sister already looked like she had seen a ghost and was upset as well. Seems like that's when a huge chunk of childhood innocence got up and left the building.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G.Bailey For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (05-11-2010), snowflake22 (01-23-2014)
Old 05-11-2010, 06:25 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,781 Times in 1,184 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
That is such a funny story rockchild.

My only concern as a child as far as Santa went, was how he got into the house since we didn't have a fireplace. I asked my dad, and he told me he got up to let him in, and he would help him. I was never told that there was no Santa, I can't pinpoint when I realized he wasn't real. I guess I still believe in him.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
The Following User Says Thank You to Snow-in-Texas For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-23-2014)
Old 05-11-2010, 07:39 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,311 Times in 5,929 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Well...I used to think he would COME in my room to check to make sure I was actually ASLEEP. I would hide my face under the covers and panic that he was going to come in, see I was awake and not leave any presents!
Me too! A few times I thought I heard Santa, and it worried me to be awake while he was there. I never had the courage to get up and peek, for fear he'd pack up all my presents and take them back to the North Pole with him!

And we weren't allowed to get out of bed Christmas morning until our parents said it was time to get up. They had us well trained!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-23-2014)
Old 05-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,001 Times in 9,436 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Great story!

There is a story of Santa on my kid's dads side of family. They are all in their 40's and their mom still sticks with a story of Santa visiting them. They got a surprise visit from Santa on Christmas Eve one year. They have continued to question who it really was but their mom won't budge, she says "it was Santa!" I am guessing it really was Santa and maybe they shouldn't keep wondering if it was someone else.

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-23-2014)
Old 05-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
That is pretty funning about santa visiting on xmas eve.

You know, I don't remember when I stopped believing. I just remember knowing he wasn't real. But I don't remember how old I was. I think I was about 10 or so actually, maybe 11. I know I was in 5th grade, that is about the last time I can remember being so excited by all the santa gifts. My parents would wait til we were asleep and put out the santa presents. I would wake up and be shocked by how many he brought.

It would be different wrapping paper, all the same. Different tags, and different hand writing. My mom would write in all caps, bubble lettering. We decided to stop hiding presents now as it was just getting too crazy and people were forgetting presents under the bed (and not put them under the tree).

As far as my story. I often wonder if the bike moving was a trick of the light. Or if my dad was moving it across the room after he thought I was asleep. I could have ran into my parents room, only to not see my dad enter from behind and act like he was asleep too.

What is funny though. When I go to my parents house, I am always excited by Christmas morning, I still have a hard time sleeping the whole night.

It's hard to UNbelieve in santa after believing for so long. I like to pretend he still exists
The Following User Says Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-23-2014)
Old 05-15-2010, 02:47 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,294 Times in 28,884 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
My niece was afraid the last couple years. We would tell her that Santa was going to come down the chimney and leave her gifts and she would would start crying and saying she didn't want him coming into her house. She was better last year but is still Leary about some strange old guy coming into her house.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-23-2014)
Old 05-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I still believe in Santa!

My favorite story about Santa is one year when I was living with my sister and my nephew. I was going to walk up to the corner store. As I was leaving his dad was going to take him to see Santa for the first time. I was half way down the block when I hear my nephew calling my name and running full speed after me. I stopped asked him what was wrong he told me he didn't know what to ask Santa for. So I ran him through somethings that I knew "Santa" had got for him. On Christmas morning he was so excited to see Santa got him everything he had asked for.

That was about 5 to 6 years ago he is 10 now. This past Christmas we were at my moms house. When I seen him asked him what Santa got him. He looked around to make sure no of my neices were around and tried to look all grown up as he informed me he didn't believe in Santa anymore.
I told him I still did and he looked at me like I was crazy.