Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Fun & Games » The Christmas's you'll never forget !

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,878)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 12-20-2007, 08:04 PM
mammaduke

santahat The Christmas's you'll never forget !

I remember special Christmas's that I had in my life & I was wondering what memories you have.
Mine are:
The greatest Christmas I ever had was the one I had after finding out I had Leukemia. It was 2 months after being diagnoised & I was alive to celebrate with my family.

My first Christmas with my husband finding someone who wanted to be with a woman with cancer, who loves me for me.

: The Christmas my parents had no money so my mom & dad made me a make-up vanity. My dad built it & my mom sewed the skirt to go around it.

:Another year my father built a craddle of my dolls & my mom made the blanket.

Those are my greatest Christmas memories.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:12 PM
mammaduke

santahat

Just wondering what yours is.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:54 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Mine would be Christmas 2004. It was my daughter's first christmas and unbeknown to us at the time it would be my grandfather's last.

Every year previously we have all spent christmas at my mother's but for some reason that year we spent it at my grandfather's. It was the last christmas I spent in that house also. But to make it extra special it snowed for a little on xmas day too.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:57 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Maebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Well, I have special memories of Christmas with my Grandma. She's been gone since 1968. I loved the family gatherings at her house and my Aunt's. I don't really recall a tree at Grandma's...maybe a ceramic one...but I don't recall. It was the people that were important.

More recently....ha....mid seventies...I was a poor high school student (maybe college) and I bought (as a joke) a squirt gun for everyone and had them open them at the same time. I really didn't know what would happen. They were just the small ones that fit in your hand. My memory serves me as everyone just looking.....and then it happened! Everyone took off in a different direction to fill theirs. It's a memory I still cherish. We had fun and since they were small, there was no damage and it was just some innocent fun with something we all remembered when we were kids.

The first Christmas with my husband...25 years ago...was mighty special, too. I'm looking forward to having my family home. Both of my kids are in college. Ricky has been home for a few days. Alice is doing her student teaching up in Northern Ohio and is coming home when her day ends today. We'll go out to eat with the family. I invited a few friends to join us because it's my husbands 49th birthday today! And we'll be together on Christmas Eve and Christmas!

Old 12-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Well now that I have a daughter to share this special Holiday with each year only keeps getting better. I would say thou her 1st Christmas she was only 5 months old and she was more interested in the paper (the crinkling sound of it). Although her 1st year I decorated as I would have any other year. Except that year our local paper wanted people to submit pictures of their Christmas trees. So I decorated everything Mickey Mouse/Disney as I normally do. And all around my tree were all my animated Mickey Mouses that move, light up etc. So I took a box, cut the flaps of it off, wrapped it in Disney paper,put a bow on the front of it (to make it look like a gift), took my daughter and put her in her Mickey Mouse onsie, and she also had a matching red hat/beanie with the black Mickey ears, sat her inside the box (with lots of baby blankets around her for support) and snapped a picture of her in front of the tree in this box with Mickey all around her, she blended in real well because of her little outfit . Although I didn't win this contest it was fun trying and I got more compliments from people about How they just loved it. It really was cute. If my printer/scanner worked I would take the picture from the paper I saved and put it here so you all could see.

Last edited by Annette1990; 12-21-2007 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:57 PM
mammaduke

santahat

Thank you everyone it is so nice to read about that special Christmas that everyone has had. To everyone else feel free to tell us about that special Christmas that you'll never forget.
Remember that this Christmas could be the one that you'll remember forever.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by mammaduke View Post
Thank you everyone it is so nice to read about that special Christmas that everyone has had. To everyone else feel free to tell us about that special Christmas that you'll never forget.
Remember that this Christmas could be the one that you'll remember forever.
Debbie, This is a great thread. I really enjoyed posting. Hope all is well with you? Take care=)
Old 12-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Yes its a nice thread, so come on everyone post will you!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,311 Times in 13,286 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

I love this one...

Mine would be the year my dad did not have much work. I have 5 brothers and a sister and we where all told Christmas would not be very lavish that year because they just could not afford it. We always opened gifts after we got home from church and that year was no different. There was one gift for each of us and even with so little we still could hardly wait to get home and open it. We arrived home and filed past the tree to change (that was back when everyone had special Sunday clothes to wear) and suddenly we realised something had changed in the room. My brother said it all "they grew!" pointing under the tree. And sure enough, there was the biggest pile of gifts we had ever seen. You never saw kids get changed so fast! One of these days I will have to ask mom how the manged that.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

BrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elf
I have such good memories from them all. The one that always comes into my mind when I think back is when I was about 5 and Santa left his belt on the fireplace and he called me and asked if my Mom & Dad could send it back, my parents always did fun things like that for us kids.