Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » 2007~~What were some of your special memories!

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,464
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,771)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas in the 1930s
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:02 PM
63,471 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 The History of My Merry...
By Jeff Westover
10-12-2002 09:20 PM
58,516 Views  0 Posts
Up in Flames
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:26 PM
47,937 Views  0 Posts
That's How You Eat Gravy
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:42 PM
46,090 Views  0 Posts
History of the Candy Cane
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:13 PM
53,929 Views  0 Posts

Old 04-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Invalid Email

dans10171 has shown a merry dispositiondans10171 has shown a merry disposition
sorry the link didnt work anyway everyday i spend with her is special
Old 05-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

MrElf20 has shown a merry dispositionMrElf20 has shown a merry disposition
Best 2007 Memorie was a christmas one, With me and my girlfriend we spent our first true christmas together, And it made us closer now then what we were but yea she wasn't truly a big fan of christmas until she met me and christmas came around lol, Now she is looking forward to christmas and talks about things to do for christmas.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

MrElf20 has shown a merry dispositionMrElf20 has shown a merry disposition
Hey Dan im from philly also, Did you go to the christmas light show last yr?
Old 05-08-2008, 07:37 PM
mammaduke

I think back mine had to be when they told both my husband was cancer free & my leukemia is still in remission. So we can plan this years Christmas.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
So far for 2008, it's going like its supposed to. My son will be out to visit sometime in June which will be wonderful. School will end soon and then I turn around and start right back up again. I will be looking forward to our anniversary in August. Then my birthday in Nov and then the best holiday of all Christmas!!!!! I'll check back on this one. Something might happen out here in AZ.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,411 Times in 1,737 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by AuntieMistletoeDear View Post
I can't believe I almost forgot to share something special for 2008. My husband and I are renewing our wedding vows this year. We're also looking for a romantic get-away for a weekend in the summer and again perhaps a lodge or lake cabin for the Thanksgiving long weekend. There are a few places we have in mind, but several of them are booked already.
If you can make it to Scotland, renewal of wedding vows is part of my job. The fact I'm Ontario born and bred would give you the Canadian edge!!
Old 05-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Unfortunately 2007 was NOT a great year for the Sunshine family.

My father-in-law passed away after a brief but nasty battle with leukemia. My DH injured himself badly at work, developed a nasty staph infection that led to two surgeries and a lengthy recovery process at home. Because of his injury, we had to miss out on our much needed and much anticipated vacation to Gettysburg. So, when I try to think of special memories, all I can think about is the stress, the loss and the heartache.

However, so far 2008 has been a kinder, gentler year. My sister is expecting her fifth child. My DH's health has completely recovered. The family is adjusting to the "new normal" after my father-in-law's passing...it still hurts but we're learning to cope with the pain and remember the good times.

Oh, and we're looking forward to taking that much needed, much anticipated vacation to Gettysburg this September as we celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary!
Old 05-17-2008, 06:58 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Thanks, Maureen - but I was thinking of something closer to home. I'll keep it in mind for the future though, who knows how many times we'll say, "I do - again".

Thanks for sharing the sad memories with the hopeful and good ones, Holiday.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:28 PM
mammaduke

I have to also say that the best memories from Christmas 2007 has to be Christmas Eve when everyone was in here & we all counted down to midnight, so I wasn't alone. Everyone was so great.