Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » Josh Groban's "Noel"

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,839
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 04-01-2008, 12:21 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,931 Times in 2,417 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Sorry, I'm not impressed with Noel. Methinks he's gotten a little big for his britches with the smaltzy orchestration and anyone who overpowers the MoTab has got an ego problem. And his "I'll Be Home for Christmas" is pure manipulation.

Jeff <-- Devil's Advocate tonight, go ahead, flame away
Old 04-01-2008, 06:46 AM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,633 Times in 555 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
I have to admit that the "I'll Be Home for Christmas" version was not my favorite cut off the album...but I do really love his voice. "Silent Night" was the song that really got me...No flame necessary...He's not for everybody...I've spent years being a HUGE fan of Kenny Rogers and I've had to defend him to all of my Rock and Roll lovin' friends...Different strokes for different folks!!!

Just do me a favor Mr. Underpants...Give him a second listen...I think you may grow to like him!

Jay
Old 04-01-2008, 09:55 AM

Last Achievements

I love his voice. That album was just a little too Celine Dion-ish for me. With a tool like he's got with that voice, less-is-more can have a more powerful impact. I was just let down.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:02 AM

Last Achievements

JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
He sang a song on last year's Idol Cares telethon with a choir of African children that had me bawling my eyes out...I wasout of control...Then my wife came downstairs, so I rewound the scene and showed it to her and started crying all over again...It was really a magic moment...I don't even remember the song they sang...I used to get that way with Pavarotti too...My Mom and Dad took me to see him at Madison Square Garden in 1984 and I spent the entire concert trying to hide the fact that I was crying...I'm such a tough guy...
Old 04-01-2008, 10:16 AM

Last Achievements

I remember that performance. The one with the kids, right? Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. That was powerful and he can have that kind of affect. But when just the voice becomes the message over the message he's just another singer.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:06 AM

Last Achievements

Yes that was the one!!!

Those kids had smiles that still light the room a year later...What a great moment that was...I sent my donation right after that!!!
Old 04-01-2008, 03:18 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,238 Times in 2,287 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
With very few exceptions, the first indication that a new music release isn't any good is when you hear it on the radio.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:46 PM

Last Achievements

What do you mean...the fact that it is on the radio means it might not be good?
Old 04-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,932 Times in 922 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by JayIsh View Post
Has anybody else been completely moved to tears by this fine young man's new Christmas album? I knew he was good! But when I put on my new CD and "Silent Night" played...By the end I was all teary eyed. This guy is on a par with the best voices in America...And I mean the best voices of the last one hundred years! He is superb!!!

If you get the chance, you've got to get this disc!!!

This is a new American Classic!!!

jay
saw Josh Groban in person a couple of years ago at the Milwaukee Theatre--wonderful, wonderful, wonderful...
Old 04-02-2008, 12:55 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,177 Times in 418 Posts
DoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I think that album is amazing, and so are his others. I havent been a big fan of a lot of the newer released Christmas albums but his was wonderful. What a voice!