Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Valentine's Day » I won't be manipulated!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Valentine's Day Love! Is it anything to talk about? We think it should be! Come discuss your plans for your sweetheart or solicit ideas from others in this forum.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,650)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso

Old 01-02-2008, 05:32 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,955 Times in 2,431 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
I won't be manipulated!

Ok, I confess: I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day. Pretty pathetic, I know, for a married man with six daughters to admit.

I just never liked the idea of being compelled to tell my sweetheart (or my little girls) that I love her.

I don't want to be forced to buy jewelry or flowers. I don't want the element of surprise taken from my "I Love Yous".

Also, truth be told, I'm in the candy business. And Valentine's Day is, bar none, the biggest headache of all the holidays.

That's because in our business on Valentine's Day it is dominated by male customers and we are, frankly, sheep and pretty dumb ones at that.

Jeff

Old 01-02-2008, 05:36 PM
mammaduke

Last year we didn't have any money so we made up a coupon Book with different things we'd do for each other through out the year. I loved that gift better than any other one I've ever received.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:39 PM

Last Achievements

We've done that before too, to great affect. I enjoy little Valentine's surprises for my girls and we always get a little something for them. But I take my wife out weekly and throughout the year will do little things. She will too. But when it comes to the day itself...we prefer just alone time at home, fixing dinner for each other.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 6,005 Times in 1,080 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
I normaly just get my Wife flowers and have special time
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:39 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
I love after valentines clearance candy sales
Old 01-02-2008, 06:40 PM
MMC Master of SantaClausology

Last Achievements

Michael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnog
It sure didn't take long to get the Valentines stuff in the stores. I had to go to the grocery store on New Year's Day and the "seasonal" isle was cleared of Christmas and New Year decorations. Already on the shelves were chocolates, roses, and all sorts of Valentine's items!

"Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Looking for Santa? Check out my SantaBlog or visit my personal site
Want to become Santa or Mrs. Claus? Visit
ClausNET.com
Old 01-02-2008, 06:44 PM

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
I hope they were not real roses, they wont make it til feb

On another note do we need one specific day to celebrate our loved ones? Dont we have birthdays & anniversaries & even Christmas for that?
Old 01-02-2008, 06:44 PM

Last Achievements

Funny you mention that...three days before Christmas I was rushing like mad to get stock for my stores and I arranged a rush shipment from SF. When the truck arrived we scrambled to get it all out and the first box I opened was all wrapped in Valentine's and not Christmas wrap. I thought about it for 5 seconds and then thought...who really minds hearts at Christmas?

Fortunately, that was the only box of Valentine's wrap I got. But guess what? It all sold...first. Go figger.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by dvdguy View Post
I love after valentines clearance candy sales
Notice how he didn't say that he buys flowers or candy for the wife....just that he loves after valentine clearance candy. Sigh....
Old 01-02-2008, 06:47 PM

Last Achievements

like you dont get anything