Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Christmas Wedding Cake Ideas???

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Nutcracker
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:34 PM
50,165 Views  0 Posts
“There Was a Boy Who...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 11:22 AM
54,229 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree The Evolution of...
By MMC Editor
10-10-2011 12:10 AM
66,102 Views  0 Posts
Presentblue Black Friday 2012: The...
By Jeff Westover
11-23-2012 05:13 PM
48,600 Views  0 Posts
Tree Decorating
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:18 PM
Last post by molepomandmistletoe
07-21-2013 10:44 AM
1 Posts

Old 04-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
Christmas Wedding Cake Ideas???

Hi folks! I mentioned briefly before that I am soon to be married to the love of my life on December 6, 2008. It's going to be an all out Christmas wedding! We're getting married in a historical mansion that they decorate for Christmas every year (cuts down on our decor budget!). But now we're finalizing our details...like the centerpieces (they'll be larges vases filled with red and gold ornaments), flowers, and the catering menu. But I need YOUR help! Tomorrow, we are meeting for our cake consultation. I want to stay within our Christmas theme and have a cake that really feels Christmasy.

Does anyone have any pics or suggestions for a Christmastime wedding cake?? Please share your thoughts! (Our colors are red and gold, with a little hint of green)
Old 04-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
Try googling Christmas wedding cakes and Christmas wedding cake images and see what pops up. My daughter did that for her wedding cake and found one that she fell in love with. It's worth a try.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Hi there! I would suggest asking Christmasstar (she's a member of this website and also a cake decorator). She may have some ideas for you.
Here is a thread of some of the cakes she has made. She posted pics. She is going to school for cake decorating.
http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8735
Old 04-23-2008, 06:37 PM
mammaduke

I agree with Annette, she has some great ideas & really great cakes she has made. Check it out.
Originally Posted by Annette1990 View Post
Hi there! I would suggest asking Christmasstar (she's a member of this website and also a cake decorator). She may have some ideas for you.
Here is a thread of some of the cakes she has made. She posted pics. She is going to school for cake decorating.
http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8735
Old 04-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Santa Clausologist

auntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elf
I agree with everyone else, ask Christmas star.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:49 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
A quick search delivered a few links - here's one you might want to look at I copied the link to the photo gallery. There are some nice cakes in the colours you mentioned at Charly’s bakery.
http://www.charlysbakery.co.za/photo...wedding-cakes/

Sounds like you are pressed for time, a quick search can still lead to postive results.

I was thinking that a red and gold Christmas Tree topper from Bronner’s or somewhere like that would make a unique topper.

Good luck, it sounds like a beautiful atmosphere for a Christmas Wedding.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Santa's Mentor

Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Here are also a few things I found online while browsing around.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cc1.jpg (22.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cc2.jpg (55.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Santa's Mentor

Old 04-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Santa's Mentor

Old 04-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,182 Times in 12,630 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star thank you

for all the lovely compliments. I already PM'd ReineV with a list of suggestions etc.
I would love to hear what you chose and how it all worked out!