Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » What do you have from a family member do you want to pass down to your children ?

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,440
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
santahat Shoppers: They're...
By MMC Editor
11-23-2011 09:47 AM
Last post by Christmasstar
01-07-2012 02:02 PM
90,349 Views  2 Posts
Jimmy Scarecrow's...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 07:57 PM
66,842 Views  0 Posts
The Angel Twin
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:42 PM
Last post by lauriebear
08-17-2011 01:52 PM
52,116 Views  2 Posts
Santa Speaks 2003
By MMC Editor
06-11-2003 10:59 PM
40,292 Views  0 Posts
"Lill's Travels in Santa...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 08:48 AM
59,487 Views  0 Posts

Old 01-18-2008, 12:40 PM
mammaduke

What do you have from a family member do you want to pass down to your children ?

I was wondering what you have from a family member that you would like to pass down to your children ? My grandmother had a lot of nicknacks when she passed away, & I am passing some of them down to them when I'm sure they are settled.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Maebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I have some things that my grandmother and my mother made that my daughter, Alice, will eventually get. They were both into ceramics so I have things that both have made.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Good question Debbie..I liked it.
I have my mother's wedding ring set as well as a ring with a black an white pearl that my mother got from my dad when they first started dating. I also have a lovely Buddy Lee doll my Great-Great Aunt and Uncle had given me that I will pass onto my daughter. And someday when my father passes on he plans to leave me the gold plated bavarian china set he purchased for my mother in Germany while he was in the military. I also have an Ideal early 70's Shirley Temple doll I also plan to give to my daughter. I also have depression glass and alot of gold jewelry that is mine that someday will be my daughters. And of course she will also get all my Disney "stuff" that someday with all the original boxes may be worth something. That's about all I can think of for now.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:18 PM
mammaduke

Boy Annette, I wish I was your daughter. Your daughter will charish everything you give her I'm sure.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,403 Times in 1,734 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
I have 3 things

The first is a grandfather clock, made in Edinburgh in 1789 and it still works and chimes perfectly (give or take a couple of minutes) It has come down my mother's side - in point of fact, all three things have. It was made in Edinburgh, went to Perthshire, then to Harrogate in England, over to Montreal, then to Toronto and back to my living room in Perthshire again, finishing approx. 60 miles and 219 years later from where it originated.

The second is a christening gown made from Indian (as in India) cotton. My great great grandfather for some reason was in India and brought this home. Every single generation since has been christened in it, including me and my son.

The third is a bracelet left to me by my grandmother. It's rose gold with a heart locket. It was given to her by my grandfather before they were married and is engraved To M.A.E. from T.P. Xmas 1915
Old 01-20-2008, 02:45 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
We have my great grandmother's peddle (pump) organ. According to my Mother's wishes, it goes to my daughter. My son has my Mom's piano.

My brother and I have pocket knives from various ancestors that will be passed on down.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Montana's Santa has shown a merry dispositionMontana's Santa has shown a merry dispositionMontana's Santa has shown a merry dispositionMontana's Santa has shown a merry disposition
I have some 150 year old Christmas decorations that belonged to my grandfather - but I have no children to pass them down to...
Old 01-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Well...let's see.

I have an old family hymnal and reader that has been passed down from oldest daughter to oldest daughter for the past 8 generations. So, if and when Dh and I ever have children, I'll definitely be passing those along.

I also have my rosary and my two Saint medallions that were once blessed by the Pope many moons ago (honestly, I'm not Catholic but most of the rest of my family is and the people who had them blessed for me were as well). They mean a lot to me and I'll probably pass them along as well.

My great-great-great grandfather's Christmas village houses, however, did not survive the recent flooding in our town. I'm just absolutely sick over that.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
I have a Shirley Temple storybook from the 1950's that I plan to pass onto my oldest grand-daughter.
Also, I have a church that lights up from when I was a child it was always under the tree so I intend to pass that on to one of my children.
Also I collect dolls (Barbie) so they will be distributed among my precious grand-daughters.
Also some family jewelry will be passed on.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:10 PM
mammaduke

Everyone has such wonder things to pass down.