Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » Review: Mickey's twice upon a Christmas UPDATED

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,834
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 01-22-2008, 08:07 AM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
Review: Mickey's twice upon a Christmas UPDATED

Ok heres the second review of the day
This is the follow up to once upon a Cristmas. It has more stories than the first but not as good. The characters are also ALL rendered in computer animation for some reason, I dont care for it but it doesnt really take away from the show. It doesnt add to it either. Also kelsey grammer is out as narrator & replaced by.....well i have no idea.
Anywho off to the stories
First up is Belles on ice:
This is a little story about friendship. Minnie Mouse & Daisy Duck are figure skaters. Each has a routine planned out. Daisy for some reason is a bit of a snot in this one, which is a change from the first dvd. Anyway Minnie skates first, which seems to upset Daisy so she skates out to upstage her. Each girl tries to outdo the other until Minnie crashes on a jump & Daisy realizes she was a snot. The two makeup, (personally I thought the whole thing was Daisy' fault) & they perform together to end the show.

Story two is Christmas Impossible with Huey Dewey & louie.
Hey its the three nephews who dont age! Anyway the boys are having dinner at Uncle Scrooges mansion with Uncle donald & Daisy (who is not a snot here) Unfortunately when dessert comes the boys have eaten all the cookies. The boys are sent to their rooms, & Uncle Scrooge explains to them if they want to get on Santas list they have to be good. Realizing they have been pretty naughty all year, the boys decide to go to the north pole & put their names on Santas list themselves. As its already Christmas eve the boys have themselves express mailed to the north pole. Dont ask
When the boys get to the north pole they create a giant fiasco while trying to steal Santas key to the list room. Who thought this was a good idea?
The boys finally realize their behavior might have ruined Christmas so they help the elves clean up the mess. The boys manage to get into the list room, add to the list & then have themselves shipped home. When they get home the boys reveal that they put Uncle Scrooges name on the list instead of theirs, which of course means Santa brought them presents too.

Story three is Christmas Maximus
Hey look its Max! Hes in college now! Those Disney characters sure grow up fast! Or just max
Anyway this episode revolves around Max coming home for Christmas with his girlfriend. Max wants to make a good impression & hes afraid his father will be....well goofy. Its a short episode with most of it playing through with a song playing in the background. Max thinks his father is embarassing him, but his girlfriend is having a good time. Finally Max realizes his father has made him look good & the whole family makes popcorn together. No really. Next Christmas Max will probably be married with kids & Grampa Goofy will be embarrassing them

next up is donalds gift
This is the first story on this dvd with Donald as a main character.
Apparently the hustle & bustle of Christmas is getting to Donald, that & they sing "we wish you a merry Christmas" a jillion times in this cartoon
Donald just wants to be alone to drink cocoa & relax, which of course noone will allow. Donald wrecks a Christmas display after hearing the song AGAIN. When his family gets mad at him, he wanders down the street alone. Finding a group of carolers who cant get the song right (the same song yes) Donald helps them & then the Entire town joins in. Donald apologizes for his behavior & everyone is happy

Mickeys Dog-gone Christmas
heres a story we've heard before boy(Mickey) loves dog(Pluto), boy yells at dog, dog runs away from home, boy misses dog, dog meets reindeer, Santa brings dog home. Thats it. Oh ok heres some more
Mickey is decorating for Christmas the same way the rest of us do, with so many decorations you can see them from space. Pluto wants to help by putting the star on the tree. Unfortunately he knocks the tree over & breaks everything. Mickey yells at pluto & then heads to the store for more stuff. While hes gone Pluto runs away & jumps on the Polar Express. ok not really but its a train that goes to the noth pole. Pluto meets up with Santas reindeer while Mickey searches everywhere for him. Eventually Mickey asks a mall Santa for help. The mall Santa turns out to be the real Santa & when he finds Pluto with the Reindeer brings him home. Mickey & Pluto make up & become best friends again.

Like the last dvd this one ends with some words from the narrator & some singing but not as much.

I enjoy this dvd, not as much as the first. Im not a big fan of the computer animation of these characters. If you have a choice between this & the first, my vote is for the first.

UPDATE:
First off there is a button that you can push to make the lights blink on the menu screen press once for blinking, once more for "moving" lights, & a third time for steady on

Bonus Features:
deleted scenes (extra bits & pieces that didnt get in introduced by some of the folks involved with the project)
Games & activities (3 different games Plus dvd rom)
Backstage disney-inspiration on ice (Hey michelle kwan! she skates & they sketch & they talk about it)
DVD rom allows you to make & print your own Christmas card & print a certificate about being on Santas list

Last edited by dvdelf; 05-06-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
I have this movie. I enjoy the first one more, too. I prefer regular cartoon drawings to the computer animation. It is a very likable movie, though.