Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Sharing a good feeling and a good deed....

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,449
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,164)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas in Italy
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:22 PM
46,149 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Things Never to...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 03:54 PM
46,149 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Magi
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:56 PM
Last post by MartinGibbs
12-07-2012 03:01 PM
70,146 Views  1 Posts
Gift 4 Re-Gifting: Yes or No?
By MMC Editor
01-25-2013 09:05 AM
Last post by Bradmac
04-14-2013 05:01 PM
43,594 Views  2 Posts
Learning the True...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:02 PM
44,751 Views  0 Posts

Old 02-16-2008, 06:15 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Maebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Sharing a good feeling and a good deed....

I'm a teacher and we had an Inservice this week at another building. I was in a couple of different rooms which meant I was walking through the building at different times. When I was at home, I was taking off my jewelry and noticed that my gold bracelet was gone. Oh no! What had I done? I emailed my principal (who is also principal at the building we were at), our custodian, the custodian at the other building and a teacher at the other building. Well, in the morning, I also mentioned it to the secretary. An hour later, my broken bracelet was in my mailbox. I was so happy! My husband is a jeweler and he said that he wasn't surprised that it came off because I've had it for a while. I didn't notice it right away because I started wearing it on the same arm as my watch. I got a Qray bracelet and couldn't wear them on the same arm. I just feel so lucky to have it back. Rick fixed it and I am able to wear it again!
Old 02-16-2008, 06:56 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

jolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elf
That is great news. It is a terrible feeling to lose something like that, I am glad you have your bracelet back and it was able to be fixed.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Maeberry...
I am so happy to hear that you found your bracelet. I have been in the same situation myself. It's not a good feeling when you can't find it. I am glad it turned back up. That's so awesome that your husband is a jeweler and was able to fix it for you. Maybe I should send him my broken necklace that needs fixed....*L*
Old 02-16-2008, 10:59 AM
mammaduke

Originally Posted by Annette1990 View Post
Maeberry...
I am so happy to hear that you found your bracelet. I have been in the same situation myself. It's not a good feeling when you can't find it. I am glad it turned back up. That's so awesome that your husband is a jeweler and was able to fix it for you. Maybe I should send him my broken necklace that needs fixed....*L*
Annette I can't read what you wrote do to the color.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:01 AM
mammaduke

When I was in the hospital I lost the earrings my mom gave me for my birthday, lucky I had honest nurses . They found them in the bathroom after I left & called to let me know they had them.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,407 Times in 1,735 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Annette1990
Maeberry...

I've changed the colour for you, Debbie
Old 02-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by mammaduke View Post
Annette I can't read what you wrote do to the color.
Hmmm that's odd...I can read it fine on my screen.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:09 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Mammaduke - Here's a little trick I use if the colour is too light to read - drag your mouse across the post as if you are going to copy it and it shows up differently so you can read it.

I'm glad you got your bracelet back, Maebeary!

I remember when I was engaged and my husband and I walked into a grocery store in the winter - we talked about it for along time, but on Christmas Day I found the ring under the Tree anyway ... I took my gloves off, stopped in my tracks and gasped. He thought something was wrong with me. I said, "the stone is missing from my ring!" He said, "honey don't ever scare me like that again. I'll get it replaced, the claws are sticking straight up, that's a flaw for sure." He did have it replaced, but I panicked.

I lost my Grandmother's amethyst ring and I still don't know how to tell my mother. I was chipping away at some snow chunks trying to speed up the spring thaw and didn't notice until later that it was gone. I'm guessing down the drain into the sewer system because I searched all around that area and couldn't find it.

Last edited by AuntieMistletoeDear; 02-17-2008 at 06:14 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:09 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,238 Times in 12,639 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star always nice

to have our lost items returned to us by those who are honest enough not to keep what they find!
Old 02-17-2008, 02:13 PM
mammaduke

Thanks Auntie for telling me how to get the color when I can't see it.
It really is terrible when you lose something that's so special to you.